• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Harner 275mm gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdm_magic

Reaction score
I got this about a week ago. Its a big Harner, I got it new from Butch, took it to work and used it for about 10 minutes, but its just not right for me. The tip, the length, the width, it just doesn't feel good. I paid 550$ for it, plus shipping and thats what I'd like. It's all but brand new. Its 275mm and 70mm tall. Balance point is on the III on the logo.

Handle is 2 tone spalted maple, and its in XHP steel.

7JvAS24.jpg

4sT1clG.jpg

1OXOoaX.jpg

IxcpmtW.jpg

tYgODt7.jpg

Yeah I was hoping this would fly out. Maybe it's just the wrong time of year!

when i first saw it i thought, man, i could really use another big harner blade. Then i thought, maybe i could use the roof over my head and half my money a little bit more (the little lady would be none too pleased with all these expensive hobbies). i am sure it will go soon. maybe some people are too busy to check in over the holiday

I'll also do a trade, if anyone has something. A gyuto either 240mm or 270mm would be ideal.

This is a seriously great knife. I understand it may not be for you rdm, but I have mine out at work every shift, unless I'm on saute(it's just too big).
Mine is in (I think) O1, but I must profess my love for this knife. Butch's work is maybe misunderstood and very underrated. I fell in love with this knife after Pensacola did a passaround with it. Rick finally decided to sell it to me later.
This knife is big enough to handle burly monstrous prep jobs, but is thin enough near the tip to tackle detail work. Butch's knives have such a sexy thin grind to them too. I also love the way the knife feels in hand. You can't really adjust your grip, but something about it "just feels right".
GLWS
Someone will be very happy with this.

I've drempt of having a harner, they look amazing, and appear uber comfy, so beyond me tho, but gorgeous

We couldn't twist your arm into doin a passaround with it could we?

550$ and I'll cover the shipping.
Just to be clear, I've used the knife for probably half an hour more cutting since I posted this. It's a really, really great cutter. One of the most natural I've used.

I'm really surprised this is still here! Butch makes really great knives, and they aren't the easiest to come by. This will be a Stella performer for someone. GLWS

What is the total length of this knife, from tip of blade to the end of the handle? Inches is ok.

would you take a couple dogs....and maybe a small child in trade?

would you take a couple dogs....and maybe a small child in trade?

I was thinking the same, altho I only have one dog to offer, altho he weights the same as the two you have in mind, so I think we have similar offerings :)

500 and I'll cover shipping.. No dogs, already have my own who's enough of a handful!

Back