Quantcast
DT ITK orders - who's got their's in?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DT ITK orders - who's got their's in?

DT ITK orders - who's got their's in?

So I ordered a Devin Thomas ITK 270mm AEB-L back in March and a delay in the handle has pushed my order out by a few weeks more . I'm not that disappointed, but I'm wondering who got their order shipped?

So with all of the enthusiasts here, who's got their ITK's in?

Let's see 'em. Show your pics.
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said: "I drank what?"

Got mine a ways back but still use it almost every day

Mine is on the FedEx delivery truck as I write this. Kind of excited about using a DT 270mm gyuto.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    Mine is on the FedEx delivery truck as I write this. Kind of excited about using a DT 270mm gyuto.
    Aw man. I'm so envious of you. If the pictures above are true to form, you'll be cutting up a storm this weekend.

Does anyone recommend a certain grit stone to sharpen the ITK's with? I'd be so nervous with my ITK (when I eventually receive it), I'd probably resort to my EdgePro as a precaution.

Yepp, the DTs are serving me very well

Quote Originally Posted by mindbender View Post
    Aw man. I'm so envious of you. If the pictures above are true to form, you'll be cutting up a storm this weekend.

Does anyone recommend a certain grit stone to sharpen the ITK's with? I'd be so nervous with my ITK (when I eventually receive it), I'd probably resort to my EdgePro as a precaution.
    The DT is meant to be used, not babied. Colin went through 70K worth the food the first day.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rockbox View Post
    The DT is meant to be used, not babied. Colin went through 70K worth the food the first day.
    I suppose you're right, but the Samurai also viewed their swords as sacred items.

I think it's fairly obvious that I've never had a knife in this price range before. Just trying to get some tips on the ITK's best practices. And overthinking it way too much. Heh.

Great pictures, btw!

Hooray for early FedEx delivery, had my knife by 9 am. My first impression was, "Cool, DT makes his knives will a short blade height." I like knives that have a blade height between 45mm and 50mm at the heel. I was thinking this knife was probably around 48mm. Well I got out my ruler and measured and I was like "Wow, it's 55mm high." It's that long blade length that makes the knife look lower than it is. This knife has to be one of the most appropriately proportioned knives I've seen. Another thing I like about it is that the edge is flat from the heel out to about 4" then has a gradual curve up to the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    Hooray for early FedEx delivery, had my knife by 9 am. My first impression was, "Cool, DT makes his knives will a short blade height." I like knives that have a blade height between 45mm and 50mm at the heel. I was thinking this knife was probably around 48mm. Well I got out my ruler and measured and I was like "Wow, it's 55mm high." It's that long blade length that makes the knife look lower than it is. This knife has to be one of the most appropriately proportioned knives I've seen. Another thing I like about it is that the edge is flat from the heel out to about 4" then has a gradual curve up to the tip.
    I assume you've taken it for a test drive by now. How does it cut? Any positives or negatives?

DT vs 150lb of lobster bones, no chips, no dings, knife can go threw hell and back

+ Reply to Thread