Quantcast
DT ITK orders - who's got their's in? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DT ITK orders - who's got their's in?

Quote Originally Posted by mindbender View Post
    I assume you've taken it for a test drive by now. How does it cut? Any positives or negatives?
    No, not yet, just observations. I'm going to tune up the edge this morning and put into play this evening.

Did you actually place an order and received a receipt? If you only did an email that's not enough. Don't want you to miss out if you want one of these knives.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    Did you actually place an order and received a receipt? If you only did an email that's not enough. Don't want you to miss out if you want one of these knives.
    Yup, payment received and everything. Spoke to Mark at CKTG and there was something about the handle that I wanted that didn't come through, but it'll be sorted out soon. I like dealing with Mark because of the excellent customer service I've gotten from him (disclaimer: I am a regular customer only and not an employee or connected with CKTG).

Don't know how long the replacement ITK will take, but I'm anxious to get it. Hope you're enjoying your knife though!
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said: "I drank what?"

Well I think I have found my new favorite knife. Finally had the chance to use my ITK 270 tonight and I'm impressed. For me the profile of this knife is perfect. It has a nice long, flat cutting area at the heal. This allowed me to slice potatoes and onions with a push cut and not leave any tag alongs. The weight of the knife is just enough that it takes some of the work away from you arm and places it onto the knife. I'm also impressed on how nimble this knife is as I used it. I cut a head of broccoli into florets and never gave it a second thought of it being too big or long for the task. I mean I just did the work and didn't realize I was using a 270mm gyuto instead of my usual 150mm Ashi petty.

So Devin, thank you for making an awesome knife. Now I have to wait until Monday to take delivery of my ITK 240mm 52100.

+ Reply to Thread