DT ITK orders - who's got their's in?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindbender

Reaction score
So I ordered a Devin Thomas ITK 270mm AEB-L back in March and a delay in the handle has pushed my order out by a few weeks more :shocked3:. I'm not that disappointed, but I'm wondering who got their order shipped?

So with all of the enthusiasts here, who's got their ITK's in?

Let's see 'em. Show your pics.

f9f6be10.png

2ddf8a7c.png

f8608c6d.png

Got mine a ways back but still use it almost every day

Mine is on the FedEx delivery truck as I write this. Kind of excited about using a DT 270mm gyuto. :chefcut:

Mine is on the FedEx delivery truck as I write this. Kind of excited about using a DT 270mm gyuto. :chefcut:

Aw man. I'm so envious of you. If the pictures above are true to form, you'll be cutting up a storm this weekend.

Does anyone recommend a certain grit stone to sharpen the ITK's with? I'd be so nervous with my ITK (when I eventually receive it), I'd probably resort to my EdgePro as a precaution.

Aw man. I'm so envious of you. If the pictures above are true to form, you'll be cutting up a storm this weekend.

Does anyone recommend a certain grit stone to sharpen the ITK's with? I'd be so nervous with my ITK (when I eventually receive it), I'd probably resort to my EdgePro as a precaution.

The DT is meant to be used, not babied. Colin went through 70K worth the food the first day.

The DT is meant to be used, not babied. Colin went through 70K worth the food the first day.

I suppose you're right, but the Samurai also viewed their swords as sacred items.

I think it's fairly obvious that I've never had a knife in this price range before. Just trying to get some tips on the ITK's best practices. And overthinking it way too much. Heh.

Great pictures, btw!

Hooray for early FedEx delivery, had my knife by 9 am. My first impression was, "Cool, DT makes his knives will a short blade height." I like knives that have a blade height between 45mm and 50mm at the heel. I was thinking this knife was probably around 48mm. Well I got out my ruler and measured and I was like "Wow, it's 55mm high." It's that long blade length that makes the knife look lower than it is. This knife has to be one of the most appropriately proportioned knives I've seen. Another thing I like about it is that the edge is flat from the heel out to about 4" then has a gradual curve up to the tip.

Hooray for early FedEx delivery, had my knife by 9 am. My first impression was, "Cool, DT makes his knives will a short blade height." I like knives that have a blade height between 45mm and 50mm at the heel. I was thinking this knife was probably around 48mm. Well I got out my ruler and measured and I was like "Wow, it's 55mm high." It's that long blade length that makes the knife look lower than it is. This knife has to be one of the most appropriately proportioned knives I've seen. Another thing I like about it is that the edge is flat from the heel out to about 4" then has a gradual curve up to the tip.

I assume you've taken it for a test drive by now. How does it cut? Any positives or negatives?

DT vs 150lb of lobster bones, no chips, no dings, knife can go threw hell and back
62c44402.png

I assume you've taken it for a test drive by now. How does it cut? Any positives or negatives?

No, not yet, just observations. I'm going to tune up the edge this morning and put into play this evening.

Did you actually place an order and received a receipt? If you only did an email that's not enough. Don't want you to miss out if you want one of these knives.

Did you actually place an order and received a receipt? If you only did an email that's not enough. Don't want you to miss out if you want one of these knives.

Yup, payment received and everything. Spoke to Mark at CKTG and there was something about the handle that I wanted that didn't come through, but it'll be sorted out soon. I like dealing with Mark because of the excellent customer service I've gotten from him (disclaimer: I am a regular customer only and not an employee or connected with CKTG).

Don't know how long the replacement ITK will take, but I'm anxious to get it. Hope you're enjoying your knife though!

Well I think I have found my new favorite knife. Finally had the chance to use my ITK 270 tonight and I'm impressed. For me the profile of this knife is perfect. It has a nice long, flat cutting area at the heal. This allowed me to slice potatoes and onions with a push cut and not leave any tag alongs. The weight of the knife is just enough that it takes some of the work away from you arm and places it onto the knife. I'm also impressed on how nimble this knife is as I used it. I cut a head of broccoli into florets and never gave it a second thought of it being too big or long for the task. I mean I just did the work and didn't realize I was using a 270mm gyuto instead of my usual 150mm Ashi petty.

So Devin, thank you for making an awesome knife. Now I have to wait until Monday to take delivery of my ITK 240mm 52100.

Back