UCMD's gear

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ucmd

Reaction score
240mm%20Takagi%20Honyaki%20Gyuto.JPG

240mm Takagi Honyaki Gyuto.JPG

hmm, trying to post my gear. the hattori kd is an amazing knife bt i love them all and rotate each week.

oh the elusive KD... great looking kit! are those all 270's or 240's? I'm going to guess that the far right is DT itk and then a shigefusa to its left.

Miso, kd,Singatirin, takeda, kono, Kato, shig, devin....all 270.

The Singatirin is an amazing knife.

Glad you like it. I REALLY did not want to sell it, however, I saw how determined you were to get one and thought; why not. This is most certainly one of, if not the, best knives I have ever used. Don't use the 270's much anymore, so I figured why not help a fellow knife nut out. ENJOY!!! cool:

how is the stickage on that Singatirin? looks like a close to mirror polish......

UCMD, why were the Singinatrin's discontinued, and what steel are they made from, couldn't find an answer on JNS

UCMD, why were the Singinatrin's discontinued, and what steel are they made from, couldn't find an answer on JNS

V-2 steel. I seem to remember hearing that the people making the knives weren't making enough money on them for it to be profitable. I completely regret selling mine.

Not sure about v2 steel. Agree with rest of above. I can tell that it holds an edge amazingly well. Touched up the knife a bit when I first got it and it has mowed down a ton a veggies with no dulling. I own an ittosai 30 wa Honyaki that is amazing but at the price it is a bit of a drawer queen. The singinatrin feel the same but at a fraction of the price.

Back