Hello from DC!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ccrellin

Reaction score
Morning all! I am just a lowly home chef but I really want to further my knife skills, knowledge and collection. I started with a Ken Onion Shun but it has a lot of angle in the blade. Lived with it for a few years and now I just picked up a Bob Kramer/Zwilling 10" carbon chefs knife. Used it exactly once and I loooooove it. Can't wait to use it more!

Welcome! You are not alone in DC Metro KKF members, myself included. Sit down, relax, get reading. You are in the right place.

Welcome! You actually in DC, or somewhere in MD or VA? There are several DC-area pros on KKF, plus a handful of home cooks (like me).

Welcome aboard! And nice choice on the Zwilling 10"! Love mine. And I just received a saya for it which just makes it that much more fantastic. If you're interested in something like that, mine came from Lefty here on the forum.
Cheers!

Welcome! You actually in DC, or somewhere in MD or VA? There are several DC-area pros on KKF, plus a handful of home cooks (like me).

Well, no. I am in Crystal City. I tend to just generalize where I am from....Glad to know there are some area folks!

Welcome aboard! And nice choice on the Zwilling 10"! Love mine. And I just received a saya for it which just makes it that much more fantastic. If you're interested in something like that, mine came from Lefty here on the forum.
Cheers!

Thanks for the idea! I was considering one since it is a pretty big knife and thus lots of things would be bumping into it in the drawers. I want to keep it looking nice and keeping it safe.

Cheers!

BTW, how is the patina on yours? I only used mine once so far with some onions, smoked sausage, celery, tomato, raw chicken and parsley and I have a very faint but nice blue/purple patina after one use. This is my first carbon blade and I love how it patinas....

Heh, you are close to Sur La Table. They have some decent cooking classes there; just make sure they are hands-on though, as the demonstration stuff is a bit of a waste. I'm not too far from you; head south on Quaker from Shirlington and I'm near the Duke Street end of the road. tkern works at a restaurant on Capitol Hill (Art & Soul) that is well worth a visit, and ChucktheButcher and his brother run a place in Clarendon (Green Pig Bistro) that is also not to be missed.

I also work in DC (live in Baltimore) and I have a Zwilling Bob Kramer 52100 in my collection. I absolutely love it. Most comfortable handle of anything I own. I am the Chef at Zaytinya. Anyone in the forum is invited to come by anytime to talk shop, be fed, etc.

Welcome!
Looking to move to DC here soon! Love that place

I also work in DC (live in Baltimore) and I have a Zwilling Bob Kramer 52100 in my collection. I absolutely love it. Most comfortable handle of anything I own. I am the Chef at Zaytinya. Anyone in the forum is invited to come by anytime to talk shop, be fed, etc.

Zaytinyas one of my favs in dc. I work outside of columbia for marc4pt0 at bistro blanc. Would love to come talk knives and food !

Zaytina is wonderful! My girlfriend and I have been going there every other month for a few years! Great food and easily one of the top restaurants in the area! Very cool....

I also work in DC (live in Baltimore) I am the Chef at Zaytinya. Anyone in the forum is invited to come by anytime to talk shop, be fed, etc.
Definitely adding this to our 'must do' list :)

Zaytina is wonderful! My girlfriend and I have been going there every other month for a few years! Great food and easily one of the top restaurants in the area! Very cool....
That's a great coincidence. I'm sure future visits to Zaytinya will be even more interesting!

Back