Quantcast
New Lens - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Lens

thats less fun then jsut playing around till you see what happens when you mess witha few settings

It's a wickedly good and sharp lens. I love mine!
    You can also try using it for portraits, it does well there too.

Here is a great site for anything Canon related. http://photography-on-the.net/forum/ I follow it when looking for some information on anything camera related. I have the Canon EF 60mm macro USM lens and love it.
    --
    Joe

True macro lenses are nice. I wasn't totally sure how much I'd use one so I got a macro extender ring to start off. I've really been surprised by how much I use it. The DOF really is very thin, even more so than with a true macro lens, but with my 50mm prime it actually works pretty well. -its on a crop sensor/ APS-C camera so I guess it actually equivalent to 80mm.

What body are you using the new lens on Salty?

Quote Originally Posted by joec View Post
    Here is a great site for anything Canon related. http://photography-on-the.net/forum/ I follow it when looking for some information on anything camera related. I have the Canon EF 60mm macro USM lens and love it.
    +1 i use that lens all of the time... its awesome

I somehow missed this thread, just posted in the 'dark room' one. Looks like you guys are using macro lenses a lot. I just mentioned over there that my 60mm Leica (old manual Elmarit) is so sharp that you see all the flaws, but maybe I should just make less flawed handles On the full format sensors, the DOF is even smaller than on my camera (micro 4/3 format), so I guess that's an additional challenge. But some of you guys really produce grat pics, I especially like what Jon and Sara usually show, great style. So much to play with....

Stefan