Hunter knife handle carving/inlay

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icanhaschzbrgr

ill-Known Member
Reaction score
While I browsing some Russian handmade knives forums, I've discovered few really nice knives with inlay handles. So I started googling and found that article about hunter knife handle carving/inlaying. It's in Russian but pics speaks for themselves (warning LOTS of pics):
http://www.knifehelp.net/pages/process-izgotovlenija/vsechka.php
Unfortunately I couldn't find pictures of finished handle, but level of details and the amount of work are just amazing.

Beautiful and it makes me very happy to know that there are still true craftsmen out there.Hope he or she has an apprentice.

Wow, never knew it was that easy! I wonder if you can mail order a "do it yourself from home" kit from Franklin Mint?:whistling:

Be well,
Mikey

I am very fond of the style wood carving like the handle on this knife.
mk61.jpg

mk62.jpg

mk63.jpg

mk64.jpg

That's some amazing craftsmanship right there.

wow! thanks for sharing.

String inlay is really hard to do well with just basic scrolls. That's on another level. Super impressive.
Wonder how many hours it took to pull off that kind of precision.

I am in aww of people with that kind of patience and ability to focus on such small intricate details. I personally would have set fire to the handle multiple times.

Help I can Not read Russian ! ! <Grins> Yet I can Droll over the Extremely Fine Craftsmanship you can do . Well done Brother !

Sam

wow, that is amazing, anybody willing to try a wa? Where is Mike Davis at, I feel he could pull something like this off, he has serious artistic ability.

that is so beautiful. and yes if mike were to give it a try i am sure he would make something we would all drool over. hopefully it would involve skulls and bones though!

I saw a photo of Putin fishing and I swear he has this knife on his belt. I will try to find it.
78565548-picture-taken-15-august-2007-shows-russian-gettyimages.jpg

Back