Best thing you cooked in 2013?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw2geeks

Founding Member
Reaction score
I thought it might be fun if everybody post a picture of (or wrote about) the best thing they cooked in 2013?

My favorite thing this year was steak, last year I was on a bacon kick, but this year it was steak!

And my favorite steak was my Coffee Crusted Cowboy Steak. Here is a couple of pics:

J2RrX.St.117.jpg

w788B.St.117.jpg

nTmE.St.117.jpg

OK, whose next?

What brought this on is I just finished a year in review story for the paper on my foodie adventures this year. You can check it out here if your interested.

You should probably include the knifes that were used to prepare it as well! I see yours hiding in the corner!

Can't remember most of it, but I did make a rather tasty porchetta with Okinawa pig...gorgonzola & roasted garlic soft polenta, and a mess of local greens braised with oil cured olives and figs.

Yum! That is what I am talking about!

Nutella stuffed French Toast, topped with powdered sugar. My fam's favorite breakfast!

2013 was a big year for charcuterie and salumi for me. even though it's not really cooked.. it was still my fav of 2013 and it turned out great!!

Lap Cheong (Chinese sausage) this was dry cured
2exy4o1.jpg

2013 was a big year for charcuterie and salumi for me. even though it's not really cooked.. it was still my fav of 2013 and it turned out great!!

2exy4o1.jpg

Have you tried the liver Lap Cheong? Good ones are full on fantastic!

enjoying desserts at the moment.Was happy with a dish that contained - compressed Melons(Rock,Water and Honeydew),Midori jelly,Cucumber Sorbet,Ginger Meringue and Yuzu syrup.

2exy4o1.jpg
My bad Crunchy - I didn't see that you had made these. They look amazing - any chance of a recipe?

Fresh pan seared striped bass, fresh from Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia.... Served over any starch with a pan sauce with white wine, shallots, green onions and lemon zest. Amazing!

Back