Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Contest (Who are you?)- Drawing 6/24

New Contest (Who are you?)- Drawing 6/24

Ok, I messed up the last contest so I will do a new one.
    The winner will be announced on Friday 6/24 at about 5pm PST. Sometimes I get a bit caught up in things so there is always the possibility I could be a little late, or early, but 5pm is the target time.

First the contest guidelines.

Make one post in this thread to enter the contest. Content of the post should be a short introduction telling a little about yourself. If you have had anything really good or kind of funny happen lately, feel free to tell us. This will help me to get to know you guys.
    Your post number is your entry number. In the event of multiple posts, your first post number will be your entry.

On Friday the 24th I will use the random number generator at random.org to see which is the winning number. The way the random number generator works is I enter a start number and an end number. The generator will select a random number within that range.

The prize for the winner will be this block of stabilized Black Palm.
    I will cover the cost of shipping as well.

If you are a knife maker, this works very easily and polishes up really nicely.

If you are not a maker but have a knife to be re-handled, this wood looks great on kitchen knives.

If you are neither;
    This makes a really cool paperweight. You can hold it and move it around and watch little gold lights go on and off as you move it and the light hits it from different angles.

This is the prize:
    Name:  001.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  55.9 KB

Sorry about the little thumbnail photo, but you can click on it for a larger image........I think.
    Photobucket where I host my photos is acting up at the moment.
    Mark Farley / Burl Source
    Phone 541-287-1029, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

I'm in! Among other activities I'm a new knife maker, using the tools and equipment acquired over many years of jewelry making and woodworking. So far I've been using handle material from my stock which goes back to around 1972 or so. When unemployed in '72 or 3 a friend gave me a couple of planks of Brazilian rosewood that I will be using one of these days!

I probably should have waited longer to post, but whatta ya gonna do??
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Yup, count me in too. I am no one. Just a burger flipper who likes knifes. In my spare time I like to rehandle knives and spend time with my kids. Oh, and I like to restore antique wood boats, just finished a 1936. 18 ft Royce.

I'm Tom and I have verbal diarrhea. I travel a lot for my job. I am often posting from my hotel room because there is nothing else to do at 3 am that won't get me into trouble.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Photobucket is working now so here is a better photo of the prize.
    Mark Farley / Burl Source
    Phone 541-287-1029, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

been cooking since the age of 12, got my first job at 16 as a pantry worker. after graduating with a culinary/business marketing/hospitality degree, I traveled for a 2 years as a restaurant/franchise consultant for a large corporation. Right now I am chef/consultant for an Italian cafe, consultant to a developer on his 3 restaurants, and started getting into kitchen knives about 6ms. and I honestly can't remember why? I am 44 yrs OLD!, youngest in my family, and have a very blessed life thanks to GOD. Oh, and single, no kids. Brothers and sisters have enough of them.

I hope that's enough to win, randomly of course "wink wink"

I'm just a home chef who's in the past year or so gotten into Japanese knives. I've had Dave already rehandle a few for me and look forward to many more years of knife collecting. I have a old gustav scimitar that needs rehandling that might work with well with this black palm block I'm about to win!

I am a home chef, interested in knives razors and sharpening.
    My hobby is restoring,rescaling and honing straight razors.

I am a collector of Japanese knives and natural sharpening stones from Oslo in Norway. I also refurbish and rehandle knives and write a blog to tell a littlebit about my different endeavours in this field. A stabilized palm tree block would come to really good use in one of my many projects

DarkHOeK

I am a full time professional tattoo artist, knife maker, husband and father. I love to cook and a friend(Delbert) got me into kitchen knives. I am currently in the process of a few kitchen knives(My first ) and would like to continue making these beauties.

Mike