• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa 240mm Gyuto with Custom Handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew H

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial
Reaction score
Up for sale is a 240mm Shigefusa gyuto with a gorgeous Keller handle, one of the nicest handles I own. It's a good cutter, what you think of when you hear Shigefusa. The grind had been well maintained and it's cute a cutter. I'm moving the knife because I just have too many 240mm gyutos (I think this will bring me down to four) and being in school means I don't actually use them that much right now. Instead this money could be much better spent buying textbooks :sad0:
This knife was originally EdipisRex's (I think?) and I'm shamelessly stealing his picture. The saya is not included as it cracked during it's time with me.

I'm asking $450 for the knife. More pictures can be taken upon request.
Happy New Year!
2y6OzbY.jpg

what is the handle? black palm and red palm?

Crunchy, I believe so. It's a great handle and it balances the knife more towards the palm than shigefusa's are with the typically Ho wood handles. I think this makes the knife feel more nimble.
Bump and price drop to $425 This includes shipping and insurance in CONUS.

what is the handle? black palm and red palm?

I wish I remembered, but I would have to see the handle a bit better. Tip is black palm, handle probably amboyna or afzelia burl (I don't use red palm).

Stefan

I miss this knife. One of the best steels I've encountered, including other Shigefusas.

Latest posts

Back