Quantcast
F@#kin Allgeries
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F@#kin Allgeries

F@#kin Allgeries

Just a little rant on the stupid allergies that come up this days. What the hell is wrong with people and there stupid made up allergies this days like we don't know. I'm allergic to nightshade vegetables but only some not all and I don't know what they allthere's only one allergen in there. Or I'm dairy intolerant but butter and cream are fine why can't we go back to the good old days of no food blogger hipster idoits and just tell them to get out. Just a fantasy about simpler times hope you enjoy.

Bacon. Allergy.

I've seen that TWICE!

Yeah.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Doesn't even make sense I understand religious reasons not allergy

Fortunately, I don't know of any allergies I might have, although I cannot eat fish eggs, roe, caviar etc. I recently found a few documented cases published where people actually had an allergy to fish eggs but not to fish or any other sea food. But since I am not sure, whenever I - slightly embarrassed - ask that there be no fish eggs anywhere, I don't tell them I am allergic but that I will very likely just puke all over the table within seconds of eating them. That seems to convince the waiters

Stefan

I'm much more likely to deal with a personal preference than a made up on allergy. a lot of other hormoney in fish eggs that aren't in fish normally I can see that

Hormones not hormoney haha

AMEN!!!!! I loved stopping service for an allergy that is some idiot whom is on a diet or just doesn't like something.

I'm allergic to stupid people. Especially in the workplace. They give me a rash and i have trouble staying in close vincinity to them. There seems to be plenty of them with my current employer.

Its getting out of hand. We take allergies seriously, changing out boards, pans, tools, etc. Personal preference is fine, ask for something to be excluded and we know to leave something out if possible, falsely telling us it's an allergy but ordering another course which contains your allergen (i.e. dessert) is obnoxious.

I think to a certain degree it's about people wanting to feel special. If you make special requests and they're obliged, you look like a big shot. It used to be that requests were solely the realm of allergies. Today, people realize that by telling us it's an allergy we'll say yes....preference, I'll tell you to go F.

I've had nights were almost a 1/4 of the tables tell us they have a gluten allergy. Really? Unless Bostonhas become a hotbed of gluten intolerance/ celiac, that's way beyond the normal statistics.

The gluten fad is getting out of control. Only 1% of the entire US population is actually gluten intolerant but on any given night at least 10-25% of guests are claiming they are "allergic". What, are they travelling in busses together on some kind of anti-gluten tour? If you don't want it, dont order it, but dont lie and try tell me your allergic. It only makes it less believable for those people who really are.