Japanese Knives New Store- First Look

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
248851_10150209225713860_369479678859_7179900_2424488_n.jpg

Ok guy... today was our move-in date... now we just have to get all of the stuff moved in and set up... no problem, right? ;)

Looks like a nice space Jon, looking forward to seeing what you got planned for it!!

I guess I am going to have to figure out where you are located once you get up and running. I am in Newport Beach, but don't go around LA much.

I wish you and your store the best of luck.

generally i sell myself, but sometimes i sell knives and stones ;)

For what its worth, we will be located near venice beach

well, we're not quite open yet, so you've got some time... i promise i'll try to make the shop cool enough that the trip is worthwhile

Awesome! Where are you putting the big stone wheel for sharpening? I wish you the best, I will definately make it out before the end of the year.

Well I live about an hour away so I imagine I'll have to drop by once you're up and running and pick something up. Been thinking about grabbing a new chinese cleaver.

Are you going to sell used knives too or just new?

i've only been selling new up to this point, but honestly, i've never really thought much about it... that might be an interesting concept

I love the space Jon, keep us posted with pictures and updates, I'm soooooo jealous. :)

I'm jealous. In my old age I was thinking about doing a small brick and mortar shop. But mine would be some old guy sitting behind the sharpening stones with knives piled up here and there, a layer of dust covering everything. I'd be pontificating about the young turks and the good ole days.

I think its time to start planning the WCG. I wonder if the kids what to go to Disneyland.

Looks like a great view out the front! Best of luck to you!

Nice looking place Jon! Best of luck with the expansion into brick & mortar.

Outstanding. Now you may be able to move around the house again huh :p

Looks like it's a great spot already :) Remember, it's not small - it has high cool stuff density ;)

There parking up front .
nice place have to make a drive up :beer:

Whats the plans for the decor/layout?

haha... not yet. I'll give you guys the address when its all set up.

Hey its 10:30pm right now and i just got the internet up and running :rofl2:

Now to get to those e-mails i've been avoiding all day :sofa:

Via Google street view, I think I found your new store. Can I guess or do you want to still keep it a mistery?

congrats jon and sara!!!

best of luck to you guys. that looks like a great store with a lot of potential to make it your own.

Back