• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Konosuke Funayuki Profile HD 240 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a knife I never expected to get rid of, but I know it’s best to let it go. I still love it. Upgraded to a Devin Thomas ITK, so I need to make room in my knife drawer (and recharge my bank account), so this one needs to be off to a new home.

I find Konosuke handles a little small and long, and I’m not a huge fan of ho, so I had the original handle replaced with a custom of stabilized amboyna burl (from Dream Burls). Interesting piece that had a bit of sapwood, which shows on the top of the handle, and a blackwood ferrule.

Typical of Konosukes, it runs a little short—it is about 230mm along the edge. Weight with the new handle is 160g; balance point is just in front of the choil, and I honestly think it feels (and certainly looks) better with the new handle. This knife lives up to its laser reputation. The HD steel has the lower maintenance needs of semi-stainless, but many say it sharpens much like carbon, and has very good edge retention.

This has been sharpened a few times. Some minor sharpening scratches—nothing that really bothered me enough to do anything about. I’m sure they’d be easily removed if the new owner cares.

I wasn’t quite sure how to price this. This knife goes for $294 new, and I’ve got a good bit more invested in the handle materials and labor, so I’m offering it here for $325, which includes paypal fees and shipping in the U.S.

P1060027 reduced1000wide.jpg

P1060029reduced1000wide.jpg

P1060031reduced1000wide.jpg

Last edited:
How much for the cutting board? What a stunning combination.

I have always wanted to try this knife out. New handle looks gorgeous!

That handle alone deserve 310$ :) … and that cutting board is pure awesome!
GLWS! Great knife with great handle

sent you a note -- I'll take it if available.

Back