Quantcast
Video games - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Video games

I built mine last year so all my components are pretty much obsolete. I usually just go to the forums, overclock.net, to look up the latest infos when building a new one.

Blacklight retribution is a solid, ftp fast paced shooter, and borderlands 2 is always a good time. Both are steam games, which helps with community hackers and such (not that it matters for BL2 since its either co-op or solo, no deathmatch kind of stuff). Wanting to get in a to a good RPG again, been a while

Quote Originally Posted by Talim View Post
    I built mine last year so all my components are pretty much obsolete. I usually just go to the forums, overclock.net, to look up the latest infos when building a new one.
    Just started pricing one, up to $2500 and haven't even finished!!!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Just started pricing one, up to $2500 and haven't even finished!!!
    Damn... Wish I could have spent that much haha.

I spent ~2k 2 years ago. I can still run pretty much any game on max with no issues.

Yeah, I am definitely going to have to scale things down a bit if I want to buy one. I've got a drill press to pay for first.

Yeah, I am definitely going to have to scale things down a bit if I want to buy one. I've got a drill press to pay for first.
    Ya you don't need to spend more than 2k to future proof your computer for a few years.

The #1 thing I want the computer to do is run Day Z Standalone on max settings smoothly.

The #1 thing I want the computer to do is run Day Z Standalone on max settings smoothly.
    Well the recommended system requirements aren't that high, you could easily spend less than 2 grand and run it on max. Do you need to buy a monitor? Case?

no need to spend that much. just make sure you have an SSD and that will be your best performance increase. I am in to mine for about a grand (and thats inflated canadian pricing) and I can run anything (admittedly I haven't played BF4 yet so that's more demanding).

I love SSD's tho, from hitting power to online browsing in 22 seconds

I'm running bf4 on a sub 1k comp (gtx 660, i5-3570k, 8gb ram) and i get above 60 fps on a mix of high and ultra. haha for 2.5k, I'd SLI two gtx 780 ti's. That would leave ~ substantial 1.1k for the rest of the build