Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Ummm? Where would this be used and how?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    stereo.pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Yep, that's a beet root knife.

    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

  2. #12
    Beet knife it is. The thing on the end is called a pike; it is used to pull the root of the beet out . It is then held by the root part in the left hand and the tops severed with the blade. This of course is backbreaking work that has been replaced by a machine in all but the smallest farms. And, of course, many of the small organic farm-to-fork producers will sell the beets with the tops still on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts