Takeda: It's baaaack!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erilyn75

Reaction score
Just got it back yesterday and used it today on pretty much everything I could. I was making short order of onions, cut through cabbage with little resistance, cut through 2lbs of mushrooms, a bag of carrots and a stalk of celery as it should.

Comparing before and after pics, it looks like he thinned it a lot, although you'd never know because there isn't a scratch on it. Sorry for the crappy pics, iPhone needs a macro option, or I need to learn how to use my camera properly lol.

Before:

51035a6779a5e293cfebf0713a2e1b63.jpg

After:

image-11.jpg

yes please take better pics when you have time,lol. who did the thinning? from what i can tell it looks much improved.

Lol I know my pics suck. I need to really break out my camera.

I sent it to Takeda-San and he fixed it himself.

looks very thin. nice hope you enjoy it

sometimes it is best to go to the source. good for you and excellent job Takeda san

Congrats. A quick trick to the choil shot is to make sure there is no contrast in the background. Would love to see a better pic, since it seems a dramatic change....he may have just hammered out a new one for you.

I quite like my Takeda so far.

Probably just sent a new knife that was ground properly

Beautiful, so glad to see someone stand behind their product. Now to get him to make the rest of his knives that way.

Crazy looking regrind - glad he was able to fix

Glad it all worked out so well. Looks crazy thin now. Have fun!

This is great to see. You got your knife fixed and Takeda got to see what the problem is = win/win

Wow that looks super thin now. I'd love to see a better picture to really get a better feel for how much thinner.

i hope it's the picture, but it looks TOO thin! from what i can see, you no longer have a standard takeda geometry at this point, instead you got a custom laser grind, sigh.

i hope it's the picture, but it looks TOO thin! from what i can see, you no longer have a standard takeda geometry at this point, instead you got a custom laser grind, sigh.

Hard to to tell from the blurry pic, but from what I can tell, that's more or less what they used to look like.

I've also got a Takeda (called yanagiba, although it's more like a suji). It is quite thick behind the edge. How did you contact Takeda to ask them if they could correct it?

Holly **** what a difference! Congrats! Hopefully Takeda will stop the thick grind soon.

The degree of asymmetry and thinness looks questionable to me. but what do i know!

never mind the asymmetry comment, visual trick from the shadow on the towel.

Latest posts

Back