Cleaning/repairing Damaged/stained knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamaster14

Reaction score
I have 3 Henckles Twin Cermax Knives. Two of them have black spots/scuffs on them. the other has some rust marks. What is the best method of cleaning those, if possible. (I will upload photos of them later on).

I've tried using the same stuff I use to clean/polish my stainless steel pans, "barkeepers freind" but it did not do much to help.

sorry if this is in the wrong forum, wasnt sure where to post it.

If they're on the edge/bevel, sharpening should remove them; on the face of the knife, I use wet-dry sandpaper. A lot of people like micromesh pads as well

You could also thin the knives, hereby removing the rust. Else use wet-dry sandpaper.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

As above, a progression of wet/dry sandpaper, 320 or 400 thru 2000 should get you there. Micro-mesh will take it to a mirror finish. Use a pad (or a wine cork) for even pressure. Might as well round the spine while your there.

i suggest using wet/dry sandpaper with progression of 200-2000, then micro mesh if you want to take it to mirror finish. good luck

Back