Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Electro-Etching Maker's Name

Electro-Etching Maker's Name

I like stamps, but at times I might have to work with a thicker stock, so I have to look for alternative ways of marking my work.

So, I would like to explore Electro-Etching. Can you guys chime on this? I would be interested in quality equipment (plan to keep for a long time without upgrades), so would like to know what the startup cost is.

Thanks,

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

talk to butch .. he did a demo last year at warrens ,, the equipment was not too expensive

http://www.etch-o-matic.biz/knifemaker.htm
    Last edited by lowercasebill; 06-16-2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: add link

Marko,

Butch had a thread on this over in his forum:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ching-question

Hope this is what you need.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Marko,

Butch had a thread on this over in his forum:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ching-question

Hope this is what you need.

Rick
    Will look at it. Thanks!

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Yes talk to Butch, he has the deepest clearest mark possible, looks stamped sometimes.

I'm not the guy to talk to here.

I've been using a trickle battery charger for years. it works but it's frustrating as hell sometimes.

just haven't stepped up to a personalizer yet, I'd really like to.

Stephan

the personalizer + is $$ well spent if you aew in this full time or even if you jsut want stupid easy makers marks

Quote Originally Posted by l r harner View Post
    the personalizer + is $$ well spent if you aew in this full time or even if you jsut want stupid easy makers marks
    I would love to stick with a stamp, but it has its limitations. Plus, you can change your mark or logo, for less than ordering a new stamp. I will adapt my stamps for wood products, so I don't feel bad about money wasted.

M

Ill second the Personalizer plus!
    Had one for years. Love it.

God Bless
    Mike

+1 on the Personalizer Plus. Just do it - you won't regret it.
    -M