Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scimitar - A New Project

+1 on the thickness. The added weight helps too when you're doing large cuts.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by turbochef422 View Post
    I use mine for bone in ribeye s and like em alittle thicker
    Thicker at the edge or the spine?

So far I have referred to thickness on the edge only.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Both, in relation to each other of course.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

How fine an edge do you finish your scimitars? About 3-5K or higher?

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

and the handle should be manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    and the handle should be manly.
    It should dispense beer and make boob jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Gibson View Post
    this post offends me. i think of markos work as quite delicate and rediculously crafted to fit its need. is there a need for some giant sword like knife in a kitchen? absolutely not.
    There is need for it in butchery. I'm thrilled to hear about the 8in as well. I'm glad to see you got this going Marko. The profile looks great. I think the thin behind the edge and sturdy spine is a great idea. Scimitars are not really supposed to come in contact with bones. They are more for portioning boneless sub primals. I am very excited.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

I finish mine on a king 800 and then strop.

Keep mine pretty toothy. 1200 bester, and then strop on whatever paper is around, no steel.

No higher than 2k for me.
    'I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.' Woody Allen