Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Kurouchi Carter

WTB: Kurouchi Carter

I've been stalking the carter and KSF for a kurouchi carter, but with no success. So, I thought I would try the B/S/T thread. I'm open to many styles of knife, so fire your offers away if you got em. I'm not sure on the sun number but I'm looking for something over 150mm. I'm looking to spend around $200, but my budget is flexible. Also open to an AS clad.

Erik

ku carters are unobtainable. also their value is increasing over time, i would try to push murray himself for one if i were interested. i doubt anyone will want to sell theirs. mine is an heirloom.
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

He stopped making them?

He doesn't have any at the moment, but before Christmas he had quite a few, but they tend to be around 150mm up to about 180mm. Your budget is about right for that size. Have you signed up for his newsletter? He updates when products become available, and you get a 25% off code when you sign up.
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

I'm not sure how long the 25% off code lasts. By the time I got around to using it (which was months), it didn't work. Carter makes really good knives, but they aren't cheap--it would have been nice to save that 25%.

His stock is at an all time low.

I'm willing to bet he will get cracking again soon enough, and to build a quick inventory, will skip the custom handles and HG line for a bit...this will be good for your quest of an affordable KU. Patience.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Alright! i will stay patient and wait. but still interested in any offers.

This post sure got me thinking about a Carter! Thanks! LOL

I think he is working on some or going to be working on them soon and hopefully available next month. I have a KU 210 gyuto which doesn't have the original handle on it, but not a fancy custom one either somewhere. I can try to track it down if you are interested. It was used very lightly in a professional kitchen and put to the stones once.

Quote Originally Posted by mametaro View Post
    I think he is working on some or going to be working on them soon and hopefully available next month. I have a KU 210 gyuto which doesn't have the original handle on it, but not a fancy custom one either somewhere. I can try to track it down if you are interested. It was used very lightly in a professional kitchen and put to the stones once.
    Whoaa...I'll second that one if the OP'er isn't interested.
    Cassoulet, like life itself, isn't as easy as it seems...