• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Kurouchi Carter

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramenlegend

Reaction score
I've been stalking the carter and KSF for a kurouchi carter, but with no success. So, I thought I would try the B/S/T thread. I'm open to many styles of knife, so fire your offers away if you got em. I'm not sure on the sun number but I'm looking for something over 150mm. I'm looking to spend around $200, but my budget is flexible. Also open to an AS clad.

Erik

ku carters are unobtainable. also their value is increasing over time, i would try to push murray himself for one if i were interested. i doubt anyone will want to sell theirs. mine is an heirloom.

He doesn't have any at the moment, but before Christmas he had quite a few, but they tend to be around 150mm up to about 180mm. Your budget is about right for that size. Have you signed up for his newsletter? He updates when products become available, and you get a 25% off code when you sign up.

I'm not sure how long the 25% off code lasts. By the time I got around to using it (which was months), it didn't work. Carter makes really good knives, but they aren't cheap--it would have been nice to save that 25%.

His stock is at an all time low.

I'm willing to bet he will get cracking again soon enough, and to build a quick inventory, will skip the custom handles and HG line for a bit...this will be good for your quest of an affordable KU. Patience.

Alright! i will stay patient and wait. but still interested in any offers.

I think he is working on some or going to be working on them soon and hopefully available next month. I have a KU 210 gyuto which doesn't have the original handle on it, but not a fancy custom one either somewhere. I can try to track it down if you are interested. It was used very lightly in a professional kitchen and put to the stones once.

I think he is working on some or going to be working on them soon and hopefully available next month. I have a KU 210 gyuto which doesn't have the original handle on it, but not a fancy custom one either somewhere. I can try to track it down if you are interested. It was used very lightly in a professional kitchen and put to the stones once.

Whoaa...I'll second that one if the OP'er isn't interested.

I would like to be next in line for this if it falls through/

I am also in the market for a Carter KU. Preferably 240mm and Wa. Thanks

In talks with taro about his carter, will update yall if it doesn't happen (but it is looking good:D)

rarely are there any long ones, that 5.1 santokuish freestyle looks nice. Fortunately, Taro hooked me up with 210 gyuto in grrrrreat shape :bliss:

rarely are there any long ones, that 5.1 santokuish freestyle looks nice. Fortunately, Taro hooked me up with 210 gyuto in grrrrreat shape :bliss:

Salt in the wound, ramen...salt in the wound. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back