Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zwilling-Henckels warranty replacements

I've seen much more expensive knives have worse flaws. Other than the edge, I think I'll like the knife just fine. The tip is definitely pretty darn thin, and it has a nice distal taper in both directions, and the grind seems like it will be very effective. General fit and finish is quite nice, and the handle is comfy. *shrug*

Panda, as mentioned, they have a wicked distal taper, and maybe the thinnest tip in the biz. When the handle is done right, it is a thing of beauty. The spine and choil are mirrored and rounded. The steel, although used by a few custom makers, is rare in a production knife. If you dig the profile, it's hard to beat, especially at under $300....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Do you have a SLT nearby? You can demo one there. From all of the other posts you've made about the knives you like and don't like, I'd be very surprised if you like the ZK. I've tried them a few times, and while I get they have a good taper, and I really like the handle, I find the blade profile really weird. Too tall at the heel, too not-tall towards the tip, too long of a too flat spot in front of the heel. I think there are too many other knives out there for that price - even your sale price - that you'd like better as an everyday high mileage knife.
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

I honestly think I'll like it. It's something different, and I use tips a lot, and this one has a great one.

Zwilling got back to me, and asked me to send it in. I've inquired on the time frame, and if it's reasonable (say, not two months), I'll do so, otherwise I'll fix it and use it. Still want to review it against Heiji and Kagekiyo.

I have this knife in the 10 inch version and my copy is pretty wonderful. It also helps that my wife bought it for me thru a friend's employee discount at SLT!! That said, it is very tall at the heel but it cuts really well. The 52100 steel sharpens very easily and I don't have the dreaded hole like OP does.

Well heck, I just received a $50 Sur La Table gift card as a belated birthday gift, so I might just return the knife to Amazon and go pick one up from Sur La Table. That was good timing.

They got back to me an said send it in it will be 4-6 weeks.

Well then, definitely going to just return and rebuy, then, I don't want to wait 4-6 weeks.

If you are in the industry you can get a 15% discount AT SLT as well. Not only that but you can return pretty much anything at any time there as well.

The only industry I'm in is Instructional Design, unfortunately.