Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zwilling-Henckels warranty replacements

Just tell em you're me, I'll send you a business card
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Hah

Quote Originally Posted by dharperino View Post
    I have this knife in the 10 inch version and my copy is pretty wonderful. It also helps that my wife bought it for me thru a friend's employee discount at SLT!! That said, it is very tall at the heel but it cuts really well. The 52100 steel sharpens very easily and I don't have the dreaded hole like OP does.
    I also have the 10" version, bought it right after they came out. No complaints here. Great knife.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Went to SLT, and of course they were closed for inventory. Tomorrow it is!

Just to add more to this, because it's what a forum is all about; I think you're really going to like this knife. I only sold mine for a good cause, and because I have a few too many gyutos. As I told you, Edipis, it's a knife I could use as my only chef knife, and I wouldn't be left wanting.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Went to SLT, and the only one they had was the display model, which had an even worse hole. So, the manager called customer service, the issue was described in great detail, and a hand picked example should be here in 7-10 days. Hopefully this was all worth it.

I received the order from Sur La Table, today. It doesn't have holes in the edge. This knife has the most asymmetry of any of the three Zwilling Kramer knives I've handled recently, and has more convexity on the right side, as well. I would assume that this is a new make knife, as the wood hasn't shrunk at all. The grind reminds me quite a bit of the Tillman/Rottman knife I borrowed from PensacolaTiger, and that is a good thin, as that knife was a sweet, sweet cutter. I can see a little bit of room for thinning, on this knife, and the right side bevel could be smoothed in a bit more, but there is nothing about the knife that makes me think it would be a nice cutter. Looking forward to trying it, though it'll probably be a couple days, as I'm going to be too busy to do much cooking for the first half of the week.

Sounds good. May we expect some photos?

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    but there is nothing about the knife that makes me think it would be a nice cutter..
    This confuses me a bit. You don't think it will be a good cutter?
    I'm also curious as to this convex grind you mentioned. It's like to hear more about this, especially how it handles cutting potatoes. I'm wondering if they have improved upon this knife. If so, I'm getting a New one...

I'm sorry I've overlooked EdipisReks' remark. I wrongly understood he had great expectations about the knife he'd received.