Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Zwilling-Henckels warranty replacements

whoops, I meant "but there is nothing about the knife that makes me think it wouldn't be a nice cutter."

And I did chop up an onion, and it cut very nicely, with less stockage than some of reported. I couldn't help myself, however, and I blended the bevels a bit. It's sitting in warm vinegar, right now, in an attempt at smoothing out my residual scratch marks. Maybe I'll take some pics on Wednesday or Thursday. It's a very nice knife.

Whew! For some reason I find relief in this. I really enjoy mine, just wish it had some convex to it.

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    Whew! For some reason I find relief in this. I really enjoy mine, just wish it had some convex to it.
    I'll post pics of mine. The only thing I did was blend the bevel in, so the convexity it has was OOTB. I'd guess there is some variability.

Cut a bit more. After blending the bevel, I could be happy with this knife, even with two Heijis and a Kagekiyo on base. It's a very nice knife.

Very nice, looking fwd to seeing some pics!

I knew you'd like it! Now to find out whether or not my upcoming Heiji makes me sell/trade away my other 240s, like you did....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Sorry I haven't taken any pics, but I've been very busy, and I don't really see the sun at all, due to the vagaries of my schedule vs that of the sun. I have Monday off, so I should be able to rectify that soon. Anyway, I've used the knife a good bit more, and I think it's excellent. It's not better at any one thing that any other particular knife I own, but it has a very solid all-around skill set. I think the ergonomics are excellent, and the steel can take a much thinner grind than it has. I hope to tweak it on Monday.

The one I handled at SLTs flat spot was true, no holes.Though there was a noticeable THUNK at at the heel.

Is this characteristic of these knives? Or just the one they happened to have?

Mowgs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a long flat spot.