Good Day Today!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
I'm probably more vocal today because I'm excited to be bringing home my new dog today. I put down my last boy about a month ago. This guy comes from the local Humane Society. Aussie cattle dog and probably a mix of yellow lab and pit. His name is Bullit. (I like it spelled with an "i"):thumbsup:

It's always nice to adopt a dog, and those cattle dogs are suppose to be really good pets. Congrats.

Major congrats! Loosing a dog really sucks, but getting a dog really rocks!
Damn, I wish I had thought of that name when I adopted Steeler, it would have been a perfect name for him.
P.S.- just found a mostly decapitated rat in the back yard today.

That's great Scott. I just got to hear a great story from David yesterday about how he got his dog. They really are mans best friend. Congratulations and enjoy yourself:biggrin:

How old is Bullit? It will be interesting to see how his personality develops as he adapts to your lifestyle! Enjoy the trip.:thumbsup:

nice, Salty! i love dogs, and like them better than humans, as a species, by a wide margin.

I agree. Unfortunately the Vet didn't get a chance to cut his balls off today. It will be tomorrow.

Very nice, congrats! I wish I could have a dog out here.

Stefan

So where are the pictures?

Here are my rescue dogs:

This is Chelsea, who was a Aussie Shepherd & German Shepherd cross. We got her from the shelter when she was about 18 months old. She had been adopted and returned once or twice, but turned out to be the sweetest, smartest dog I've ever met, albeit a little goofy. Chelsea lived to be 14 and despite having Atkinson's Disease was very healthy (at great expense I might add) until her sudden demise about 4 years ago. Here's Chelsea engaging in her version of swimming on a hot day in the San Fernando Valley:

185490314_atTQb-L.jpg

This is Cody, our current dog, a Rhodesian Ridgeback (Lion Dog) and Lab mix. We found her through Craig's List shortly after Chelsea passed away. She was also about 18 months old when we got her. The young man who had raised her from a pup had to move to San Francisco to care for his grandparents and to take over their Italian dessert business (life is sometimes tough) and couldn't take her with him, and he was grateful that we came along at about the last minute. Another sweet, bright, goofy dog, loves the grandkids, fiercely protective of the house (there have been no attacks by squirrels, cats, possums, raccoons, or birds since Cody took over security:

532201364_KKsmt-L.jpg

As Mark Twain said, "Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Rescue one today. A dog will bring unimaginable joy into your life.

Great looking dogs!

Salty, congrats to the new family member! He looks like he might be a runner!

Scott, I thought you got another dog last year after you lost Buster. The new one looks like he will be the life of the party.

Some times the breed speculation in that site really crack me up.

Congrats on the new family member,he is one lucky dog.

Scott, I thought you got another dog last year after you lost Buster. The new one looks like he will be the life of the party.

I put Buster down a year ago. Buster's life long pal Rippy had progressive nerve damage. He eventually lost the use of his hind legs. No way for a dog to live. I tried to hold out for the summer but that's not happening. It's going to be strange having a healthy dog around. It's been a while.

Just noticed this thread, and wanted to say a BIG congratulations!
You just made a huge difference in Bullit's life. Having a dog really is one of the best parts of beng a human. (ironic, I know).
I can't wait to see how Bullit's knife and sharpening skills develop. :)

Latest posts

Back