old bone handled meat fork.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playford

Reaction score
726673684_o.jpg

726673690_o.jpg

just bought this fork as part of a lot of old stuff, looks like a proper bone handle and the grey metal looks carbon to me :)

im not really sure what you mean?

reactive? I've not got it yet, but they grey tone couldn't be stainless?

Carbon would have magnetic attraction (be ferrous). Cheap metal would not. Stainless used in forks typically would not. If fridge magnet will stick to it you've got something to work with.

oh thanks.

usually this kind of thing if cheapo has composite white fake bone handles and isn't pinned like this, that's what gives me good vibes about it.

I'm in the uk so my bet is it's victorian sheffield carbon. *crosses fingers*

Almost certainly something nice. I often trawl eBay looking for pieces like that to pop up. Are you going to rehandle it?
Have you found a carving knife yet?

I quite like the handle TB, If I was going to rehandle i'd go for a carbon form with one of the horrible composite faux bone stuff handles..lol

No joy on the carver yet. I'm considering a carbon suji maybe, instead of old sabatier as its just daft pricey and nothing on ebay uk with the stupid rule.

considered a vintage ksab from k sab france but your getting into a hundred euro level, for that your getting close enough to decent carbon suji.

Might have something that'd work, I'll send you a pic

Latest posts

Back