Quantcast
Global in Action
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global in Action

Global in Action

I saw my Sous Chef chopping bacon. I immediately thought of you guys and had to record it.

Cacho is a perfect example of a Chef that consistently puts out a great product with marginal knives that he sharpens on the Tru-Hone. His attitude is use the cheapest tools that gets the job done. It's not like he hasn't been exposed to a variety of knives. (He's been with me for ten years)

****, well that's one way to make lardons, never thought of it.

oh and yeah, the prep crew at my old place all had $40 knives and would smoke all the white kids upstairs with their j-knives. knife quality, sharpening skill, and knife skills don't always come all together.

awesome
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Damn next time I'm sharpening a Global I will think about this when trying to get a burr to show.
    Chewie's the man.

the profile of the g5 is great, if only the steel was as well.

so how do you guys cut it before freezing? in strip but not all the way through? its a good idea il have to remember that.

i have lots of cooks who refuse to spend money on knives and get by. Most of the time its perfectly acceptable however for times when you need nice cuts it can be a problem or when scouring fish and they almost cut it in half because the knife is dull.

The boxes always say not to cut frozen foods, I never thought I'd see a situation that someone would have to cut frozen foods.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgraeff View Post
    so how do you guys cut it before freezing? in strip but not all the way through? its a good idea il have to remember that.

i have lots of cooks who refuse to spend money on knives and get by. Most of the time its perfectly acceptable however for times when you need nice cuts it can be a problem or when scouring fish and they almost cut it in half because the knife is dull.
    The bacon is frozen in strips b4 they get it. I would assume the cook (sorry forgot his name) knows how thick is needed.
    Chewie's the man.

I don't know how I feel about this.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson