Quantcast
Cut Brooklyn: Opinions? - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Cut Brooklyn: Opinions?

I've seen a few in person and i thought the handles were nicely done.....i didn't necessarily agree with some of the materials or colors but they were nice regardless.....Ryan

viva la revolucion !

From the pics I have seen his F&F is very nice.Handle shapes are to subjective to take anybody's opinion serious.I am happy that he is having success at something he loves to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    And the advances just happened. Read this article about the Mayo Clinic. They have anti-aging mice already.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/133130703.html

k.
    I read it already. Pretty amazing stuff.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Just a quick comment on 1095 only from what I gather from other knife makers and metalurgists. 1095 is a good basic steel which in many ways is very suitable to knives, it can be made sharp, fine grained, a high RC hardness is easy, and it has good toughness. 1095 is inexpensive and does not seem to be made to tight tolerances of carbon content and perhaps unwanted inclusions. This may effect the correct heat treat as well as the quality of the finish. If a knife maker is able to get a consistent product, it should be quite good. The added ingredients in o1 and 52100 mostly add to better wear, more consistent heat treatment and toughness I believe.

[/QUOTE]I have not seen any reviews on this knife yet so it may be premature to assess a value on this knife. Much of value is assessed by the market or owner. [/QUOTE]

I have used a Cpm154 Cut Brooklyn Prospect going on four years now. I have used it both in professional kitchens as well as at home. I will agree that this particular blade profile is not optimal for all cutting styles but it works, just as many French chef knives before it. The handle is comfortable for hours of use despite the highlighter colors! I custom ordered mine for length and spine thickness which Joel had little problem accommodating. I would order another PM steel knife from Joel because cares about what he's doing and he's working hard to get quality cutlery to cooks everywhere. He is not a cook so he can only design based on instinct and feedback. If he doesn't get quality feedback from discriminating users, his product suffers. Reach out to him and be a part of the solution. I value the knife because Joel is young, open-minded and only getting better!

52100 is best?

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    LOL. What's wrong about being a snob when you are expected to shell this kind of coin? 52100 is probably the best steel out there.
    Okay... I'll bite. Why do you think that 52100 steel is the best?

I am a newbie who is looking to upgrade from my Shun Classics.

Jeff

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    welcome hypnos
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by hypnos View Post

Jeff
    Welcome!!......He feels it's the best,that really does not make it the best.Claiming the best steel is like me claiming a women with a big A$$ is the best(it is),it's only what you like that makes something the best.

Quote Originally Posted by hypnos View Post

Jeff
    Welcome...lots of good steel around here! Should be fun replacing those Shuns.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    Claiming the best steel is like me claiming a women with a big A$$ is the best(it is)
    Yes! I'll take a big A$$ over some Shun steel any day!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

+ Reply to Thread