Quantcast
Does this knife exist?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this knife exist?

Does this knife exist?

5 inch long blade, between 1.5 and 2 inches tall
    Nakiri profile (flat-ish)
    Ending in a low profile point to do intricate work without having to lift the knife to an acute angle
    Stainless cladding for low reactivity

I am looking for such tool to work on herbs, garlic, spring onions, radishes. Handle style is not important.

Tosagata bocho? I have this knife in blue 1 (currently sold out) but this one is AO super is available. Perfect for the tasks suggested. Sorry just caught the stainless cladding part, but the kurouchi assists here and I don't find Zakuri extremely reactive.

Cheers

http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/...ata-bocho.html
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Excellent shape, thank you for this suggestion. Being a lefty the D shape handle will be a pain but I can probably live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Good suggestion too, I love that shape.

Funayuki or wabocho from Murray Carter.

I should have mentioned I am in the UK and we get hammered with import taxes...

Also, dealing with smaller more acidic ingredients I wonder if VG10 would not be better than carbon.

Might want to see what Ian has available ... from his Banno Bunka profile - might not be flat enough and on the smaller end of your profile height ...

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...0-Banno-Bunkas

Material/Cladding could be an issue but who knows as he is always doing some pretty cool stuff IMO, certainly worth checking out.

FWIW I have one, in AEB-L, on order now for exactly the same purpose (also to match a smaller Bo Bunka - his work is beautiful the way & awesome to work with IMO).

TjA

Quote Originally Posted by MontezumaBoy View Post
    Might want to see what Ian has available ... from his Banno Bunka profile - might not be flat enough and on the smaller end of your profile height ...

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...0-Banno-Bunkas

Material/Cladding could be an issue but who knows as he is always doing some pretty cool stuff IMO, certainly worth checking out.

FWIW I have one, in AEB-L, on order now for exactly the same purpose (also to match a smaller Bo Bunka - his work is beautiful the way & awesome to work with IMO).

TjA
    Sorry - also a bit longer than desired / you were looking for 5" blade his banno's are more like 6.5" - sorry for that!

TjA

As short as possible is good, otherwise it will tread on my Maboroshi Santoku's toes which is not advisable!

Both Takeda and Masakage seem to have very nice ko-bunkas and ko-bochos (shaped like tiny Kamagatas?). Equally Moritaka seem to have the right stuff but I have not heard kind things in the recent past...there is always the possibility of a custom T. Fujiwara but I am not convinced he would be interested.

What do you guys think of Takeda and Moritaka?

I will check Yu Kurosaki too, he is young but his knives are very well spec'd.