Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff you don't need, but realllllly want?

Stuff you don't need, but realllllly want?

Surfing the local flea market with the fam today, where I have found some cool old silver spoons and a few Forgecrafts before, I stumbled upon a beast.

A vintage but in like-new condition end grain maple butcher block. It was probably 24" squared and 12" deep with solid monstrous legs. The joints were dovetailed. He said $250, which I new was a good deal, I said I only had a buck and half on me, and he said he'd take it!

Right about then the wifey strolled over and proclaimed that wasn't going in her house and we had no place for it. I walked away like a sad little puppy. After talking about it all the way home, she agreed if it was still there I could buy it next weekend and keep it in the workshop.

Must admit, I have zero practical use for it!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

lol
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

IZIP E3 Path Electric roadbike.Was a cyclist for years,like the concept of Ni-Cad battery pack crank assist now that I am an old fart.

OOPS meant lithium ion battery pack

Alright I'll play. Remington 700, Audi R8, all of the 240's. Does it have to be something I can afford? The DT ITK I just ordered. List goes on.
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

That butcher block you just found.

Im looking at a 360mm ginsanko sakimaru takobiki. Mirror polished hira and honbadzuke. I can't exactly justify its use at 360mm!!! but ooooooh do i want it

My Heiji that I just ordered....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Surfing the local flea market with the fam today, where I have found some cool old silver spoons and a few Forgecrafts before, I stumbled upon a beast.

A vintage but in like-new condition end grain maple butcher block. It was probably 24" squared and 12" deep with solid monstrous legs. The joints were dovetailed. He said $250, which I new was a good deal, I said I only had a buck and half on me, and he said he'd take it!

Right about then the wifey strolled over and proclaimed that wasn't going in her house and we had no place for it. I walked away like a sad little puppy. After talking about it all the way home, she agreed if it was still there I could buy it next weekend and keep it in the workshop.

Must admit, I have zero practical use for it!
    What would shipping to Cincinnati be, on that thing?

a set of damascus Kunz spoons like the one Niloc had made.
    -Matt