Stuff you don't need, but realllllly want?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
Surfing the local flea market with the fam today, where I have found some cool old silver spoons and a few Forgecrafts before, I stumbled upon a beast.

A vintage but in like-new condition end grain maple butcher block. It was probably 24" squared and 12" deep with solid monstrous legs. The joints were dovetailed. He said $250, which I new was a good deal, I said I only had a buck and half on me, and he said he'd take it!

Right about then the wifey strolled over and proclaimed that wasn't going in her house and we had no place for it. I walked away like a sad little puppy. After talking about it all the way home, she agreed if it was still there I could buy it next weekend and keep it in the workshop.

Must admit, I have zero practical use for it!

IZIP E3 Path Electric roadbike.Was a cyclist for years,like the concept of Ni-Cad battery pack crank assist now that I am an old fart.

Alright I'll play. Remington 700, Audi R8, all of the 240's. Does it have to be something I can afford? The DT ITK I just ordered. List goes on.

Im looking at a 360mm ginsanko sakimaru takobiki. Mirror polished hira and honbadzuke. I can't exactly justify its use at 360mm!!! but ooooooh do i want it

My Heiji that I just ordered....

Surfing the local flea market with the fam today, where I have found some cool old silver spoons and a few Forgecrafts before, I stumbled upon a beast.

A vintage but in like-new condition end grain maple butcher block. It was probably 24" squared and 12" deep with solid monstrous legs. The joints were dovetailed. He said $250, which I new was a good deal, I said I only had a buck and half on me, and he said he'd take it!

Right about then the wifey strolled over and proclaimed that wasn't going in her house and we had no place for it. I walked away like a sad little puppy. After talking about it all the way home, she agreed if it was still there I could buy it next weekend and keep it in the workshop.

What would shipping to Cincinnati be, on that thing? :)

a set of damascus Kunz spoons like the one Niloc had made.

The Harner mini-gyuto that Lefty teased us with.

My wife would just have to be pissed because at a buck and a half that puppy would have gone home with me, PERIOD!

A rich wife? But seriously, a Big Green Egg is what come to mind first.

Stefan

Large format roll fed photo printer. My 19x13 isn't cutting it.

I'd really like an AdHoc Goliath pepper grinder, but I already have another pepper grinder that I couldn't part with for sentimental reasons. Besides, what use is a 20 inch pepper grinder other than as a conversation piece?

lol what a deal for a.buck and half. i will like a set of neohi knifes

some money pit of a listed building that will make me cry and broke.

80's bmw cabrio.

collection of antique shotguns.

I could go on all day.

knife wise, copper pans and a carbon suji and some vintage sabs.

Izzo Alex Nuova Duetto PID III
Wood fired pizza oven is 2nd place. I allready have the stones but no time to build it.

A root cellar for wine, curing meats, and burying victims.

k.

If I moved back in with my parents, I would have all that - and they don't make any use of it. The house was built in the 1870s and has an old natural cellar that is perfect for wine and meats (haven't tried burying anybody, yet...). My grandma also used to mature the sauerkraut down there with great success, and we had large ballon bottles with apple cider fermenting there when I was a kid. Potatoes lasted through the whole winter. My parents also have a large smoker in the attic, connected to the chimney, where they used to cold smoke sausages and whole pig parts - that hasn't been used in at least 40 years. And then there is my Grandpa's shop - plenty of room with a lathe and room for all my tools and toys, even with an old antique drill press my Dad wants to give away because it is in his way... And there is a whole dry shed to store wood next to it... So, I guess I have to revise my wish: Somehow moving my parents' property to Hawaii :)

Stefan

When it comes to things for the kitchen, I want a "Pacojet," and a very high end espresso setup of some sort. Of course I'll need a bigger kitchen to fit these things, which means a new house.

As simple as it sounds, I'd really like a good 3qt saucier.

A root cellar for wine, curing meats, and burying victims.

k.

If you're curing meats, do you really need to worry about burying victims?

I want some Barbara Bush pearls to cover up my old lady wattle.

Latest posts

Back