Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Felt Products - Felt Pads and Felt Strops

Marko I notice you don't have leather pads on your website, just felt. I'm going to buy a set for sure but most of my knives are Japanese steel(for now anyway), do you think you'll ever offer leather pads to go with your bases or should I just look elsewhere. Thanks, Gary.

I won't have leather strops for some time.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I won't have leather strops for some time.
    Is there a difference in performance between leather and felt strops?

I am making a batch of strop in walnut, cherry and white oak. Sorry guys for keeping your waiting.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Darn, I just bought one. Out of curiosity, what's the turn around time on your wood base felt strops. Thanks, Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Guss2 View Post
    Darn, I just bought one. Out of curiosity, what's the turn around time on your wood base felt strops. Thanks, Gary.
    From when I start making them, it's a week or so. I don't make them all the time, thought. Last time I made a batch was in the December 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    From when I start making them, it's a week or so. I don't make them all the time, thought. Last time I made a batch was in the December 2013.
    Lucky I sent that email then eh .

Can these be made to be compatible/interchangeable with the 11 x 3 DMT plates like you've done in the past? If so I'd like a walnut one.

Sent you an email, your PM box is full.

Felt Products - Felt Pads and Felt Strops

Quote Originally Posted by steelcity View Post
    Can these be made to be compatible/interchangeable with the 11 x 3 DMT plates like you've done in the past? If so I'd like a walnut one.

Sent you an email, your PM box is full.
    I am sure he is getting bombarded with requests every day via pm's

This batch will be for wooden strops with attached felt and some felt pads with magnetic backign to be used with DMT plates as a base. I would like to explore the demand for leather strops, before commit making some. I could do those with magnetic backign, or attached to a wood block.

I am not going to make any bases for DMT plates right now, but will do some in the future.

I am also behind on ordering some 4K custom DMT plates. These are long overdue, just need to get my things in order before working on that project.

M