Felt Products - Felt Pads and Felt Strops

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I just got a long awaited shipment of felt and will resume producing pads and strops. The next batch of felt bases will be exclusively maple, and these will be paired with diamond spray for a package deal.

All orders placed for either product recently, will be produced shortly.

Marko

4oz 1M diamond spray is priced at $20 with Priority mail ConUs shipping, or in combination with a felt strop on a walnut base for $75.

Thanks,

Marko

I find steels such as 52100, A2, AEB-L (and other stainless) respond very well to stropping on felt with 1-2Micron diamond spray, while Japanese steels seem to respond better to leather with chromium oxide.

Marko I notice you don't have leather pads on your website, just felt. I'm going to buy a set for sure but most of my knives are Japanese steel(for now anyway), do you think you'll ever offer leather pads to go with your bases or should I just look elsewhere. Thanks, Gary.

I am making a batch of strop in walnut, cherry and white oak. Sorry guys for keeping your waiting.

Darn, I just bought one. Out of curiosity, what's the turn around time on your wood base felt strops. Thanks, Gary.

Darn, I just bought one. Out of curiosity, what's the turn around time on your wood base felt strops. Thanks, Gary.

From when I start making them, it's a week or so. I don't make them all the time, thought. Last time I made a batch was in the December 2013.

Can these be made to be compatible/interchangeable with the 11 x 3 DMT plates like you've done in the past? If so I'd like a walnut one.

Sent you an email, your PM box is full.

Can these be made to be compatible/interchangeable with the 11 x 3 DMT plates like you've done in the past? If so I'd like a walnut one.

Sent you an email, your PM box is full.

I am sure he is getting bombarded with requests every day via pm's

This batch will be for wooden strops with attached felt and some felt pads with magnetic backign to be used with DMT plates as a base. I would like to explore the demand for leather strops, before commit making some. I could do those with magnetic backign, or attached to a wood block.

I am not going to make any bases for DMT plates right now, but will do some in the future.

I am also behind on ordering some 4K custom DMT plates. These are long overdue, just need to get my things in order before working on that project.

M

Back