Quantcast
Kitchen Slang - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Slang

haha chefuccinno

too bad I drink coffee like a maniac literally never any to leave

We are required to say oui chef/yes chef where I work right now just a sign of respect and keeps the kitchen working properly and everything on time old school fine dining french it works well if you ask me sometimes I forgot to say it and then feel like a real *******

"What's black and lives in the oven/under the salamander/in a pan?" A question posed when someone is letting something burn

Quote Originally Posted by jbl View Post
    "What's black and lives in the oven/under the salamander/in a pan?" A question posed when someone is letting something burn
    Yup... Heard that a lot. However sometimes I feel that by the time someone's said it they could have rescued the thing anyway rather than letting it burn and being a smart ass

I've also considered buying / making a small black doll and hiding it under the salamander... Call her something like....oprah.
    Then I can say "oprah lives there and why the f**k are you letting bread burn?"

A little effort but worth it

A small bit left for your eating enjoyment = Scooby snack....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Another spanish one that's all over Chicago ...

Chingadera .. That's how it's said not spell. It's Spanish for "little thing"

"Hey! Gimme the chingadera! No whay! The other chingadera with the black handle"

We always say it just before it's burnt, so they can save it. The look of panic is usually priceless.

The absorbent meat pad in packaged meat products is called a tampon and I probably shouldn't say this but if you ever hear a waiter talking about Canadians... Well then your waiter is a racist. Just a heads up. 95% of the slang I hear is spanish. Like guey, chapin/a, no jodas, vato, pizado, chingone, mariposa, maricon, puto, gordo, chino.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Out of curiosity, why would a waiter be racist if he's talking about Canadians?

In the US waiters will say things like "those Canadians stiffed me." They are really referring to a minority not Canadians. A way to be racist with out people knowing. Although I don't know how appropriate it is to talk bad about a whole nation of people either but we're not dealing with the smartest people. I do know it is not just a regional thing either. I've heard it in restaurants all over the States not a lot though. Thankfully.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Thats interesting. Most Canadians I know tip 15-20%, so you're clearly right when you say you're not dealing with the smartest people.

Honestly waiters/servers piss me off more than anything else I have to deal with at work. More so than the customers even.

+ Reply to Thread