Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite parering knife?

What is your favorite parering knife?

I was thinking about getting Blazen. My wife likes to cut apples with the pairing knife and I am looking for something thin that does not wedge.

I have a shun Ken onion paring knife so I can't provide any helpful information lol. Wouldn't even have that if amazon didn't have it on for 40 bucks a while back :-)

I should get a real one soon lol

Tosagata white steel,plan to do a rehandle on it.

I don't have any good suggestions but thanks for posting this as I was somewhat wondering the same. My partner uses an Opinel inox parer that is very thin but holds an edge terribly; I bought an Ealy parer in part for her to use but it's too thick for her liking...I should have asked about thinner parers.

Misono fruit knife. $25 at Korin. Most used knife in my house and stays sharp for a long time.

My partner uses a Robert Herder parer. She uses the stainless version, but a carbon version is also available (and a harder version as well). On the stainless, the edge retention isn't very good but a couple of swipes on a ceramic rod bring the edge back quickly. I myself use a carbon Opinel folder with which I am pleased.

Lefty's designed Butch Harner XHP parer... nuff said.

I've had both style Ealy's. I like the newer style better. I have a Lefty/ Lloyd collaboration, which I really like. The steel is amazing. The pointy tip is nice.

But, the best all around'er I've ever used is a Zwilling Kramer. Just feels right in-hand.

For the money , I would buy a Kyocera. Dojo used to be great at sub forty bucks but at $65 now, it's outclassed.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I've got a trio, and its hard to pick from the three. I basically just rotate between them they all do a super nice job. Of course, there's a bit of wait to get any of them.
    Top to bottom: Scott McGhee, Guinea Hog Forge, O1 with ivory micarta
    Nick Wheeler, )O1 with Cocobolo
    Michael Rader, CruForge V integral Wa, Curly Maple/Maple burl

Dojo, I ditched all my other parers after getting it.