Straight Razor Help

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
I was going through my late Mothers storage items a few weeks ago and came across a straight razor. Although the blade is rusted I am surprised how sharp it is. The case it is in says Evans Brothers Fine Cutlers. Does anyone have any information about this razor and would anyone be interested in rescuing it back to a more useful condition?

What does it say on the shank of the blade?
Usually there were OEM manufacturers that would make blades for different barber supply companies,m it is possible that this is one such razor.
But if the tang says different than the box, then that might make identification easier.

All I can see is Sheffield Eng. Under a magnifying glass the edge almost looks serrated.

in this case it is hard to say anything about manufacturer.
I am sure it is OEM for the cutlery company though.

Post some pictures, David. I think we'd have to see how it looks to see if it's restorable.

I tried to post a photo but wasn't able to for some reason. I will try in my vendor section.

Serrated Straight razor?!

[video=youtube;piVnArp9ZE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0&feature=related[/video]

Back