• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS- KONOSUKE FUJIYAMA 210 PETTY

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc4pt0

Reaction score
Got this from a forum member last month. Really dig this knife but decided I want to go more on the stainless side. Saya is included, has a small crack but works perfectly fine.

$210 including PayPal and conus

20131212_093852_zps857cccd3.jpg
20131212_091549_zps09bb7108.jpg

This knife is a beaut. A coworker has the same knife and I'm in love with it. Alas...I just commissioned a 210 Suji/line knife from Del today. Someone is going to be happy.

Hi
Has the knife face ever been on the stone flat?

as said above, convexing it may work. Try sharpening it on sand paper with soft backing.. say either soft leather or say 20 paper of newspaper or what ever is required. IN addition, leaving the striations from 600 grit sandpaper will leave fine serrations which may reduce stiction if you had smoothened/ polished the blade face before.

a) Thinning it at a very low angle with starting grit of 400- 600 auto sand paper and then higher shld you desire a smoother finish.

b)The final edge can still be on sandpaper , finer if you prefer.

Question. : are all lasers being thin, really flat at the blade face? Is it a fact or supposition?

Have fun.. rgds
D

Hi
Has the knife face ever been on the stone flat?

as said above, convexing it may work. Try sharpening it on sand paper with soft backing.. say either soft leather or say 20 paper of newspaper or what ever is required. IN addition, leaving the striations from 600 grit sandpaper will leave fine serrations which may reduce stiction if you had smoothened/ polished the blade face before.

a) Thinning it at a very low angle with starting grit of 400- 600 auto sand paper and then higher shld you desire a smoother finish.

b)The final edge can still be on sandpaper , finer if you prefer.

Question. : are all lasers being thin, really flat at the blade face? Is it a fact or supposition?

Have fun.. rgds
D

I'm confused...

I think it was a response to another thread about convexing/thinning a Konosuke suji....
Me thinks

Ah no worries. I once posted pics in someone else's personal gear thread thinking it was an entirely different thread. It was oddly embarrassing, but eh, what can you do?

If this one falls through please let me know. I'm in the market for a line knife. Thanks

Sorry,I thought I had marked it sold. My apologies but it is on its way to the new owner.

Back