why do i do this? bowhunting is difficult!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
man. toughest hobby ever! my body is beat.

i am sitting on the couch with a sore achilles. limping badly. hiking after hogs for several days has gotten me beaten down. i climbed after them saturday, and took an easy day on sunday and just mountain biked with a buddy.

should have rested. now i am in pain, and popping Aleve. this is the best hobby ever..hard, challenging..and the rewards..should be delicious! i am heading to AZ, last week of this month hopefully if my ankle pain goes away..to chase tiny tasty deer.

all bowhunting. if i would just use a rifle..i would be done. hehehe.

anyone else bowhunt?

I have not hunted much of anything that last few years but I used to bow hunt for deer and loved it.

this is a cool hobby that i will like to try, hope the pain go alway for you soon.

Hope you feel better soon bud. I made the choice a few years ago that I would rather duck hunt than bow and couldn't do both. Now, gun deer is the only hunting I am getting in.

Back in the day I did. Still have a PSE around somewhere that's not seen daylight in 10+ yrs. Now it's food plots, condo's and pick out a nice doe. Then its time for duck hunting...

eastgatorIR0002.jpg

My brother bow hunted for years, and he was pretty good at it. About 3 years ago he went bird hunting with a few buddies and never looked back. Now all he talks about is dogs and shotguns. I dont really have a problem with this, but I sure do miss venison.....

Used to have a Hoyt Raptor back in 98. Haven't shot since about then as well. Always thought about picking one up again but... one too many hobbies.

Once took some Bowhunters from Alaska by boat Oahu to Molokai to hunt Axis Deer.There are some local bowhunters again mostly Axis Deer.

I imagine for you hiking into the rough stalking prey with a bow is not easy but can be rewarding.Kind of like spearfishing except on terra firma instead of ocean.

Back