what about the Kevin Cashen ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How often do we see a Cashen knife listed for sale? Never! I bet it's only because it's a kitchen knife that it's available - stupid collectors.

110501.jpg

yep jsut liek i cant sell a hunter or bowie i bet thats why this one made it past the blade show

Butch, you need to talk more about your military background and start selling tactical knives. Its all about the story.

Butch, you need to talk more about your military background and start selling tactical knives. Its all about the story.

sounds liek seelling out to mee and i ll jsut pass on that
the ppl that i helped will remember me and i dont care if others think im a good guy or not

sounds liek seelling out to mee and i ll jsut pass on that
the ppl that i helped will remember me and i dont care if others think im a good guy or not

I forgot to put the :wink: at the end of my post.

you guys know much about his work specifically the kitchen knives?

Could be a piece of veneer.

That's a sweet looking knife. Not too terribly expensive either for what it is.

you guys know much about his work specifically the kitchen knives?

I'm making an assumption here but I believe he's not usually making kitchen knives.

What makes Kevin's knives special is his extensive work from the metallurgical side of knifemaking, his long time research into traditional patterns (like swords for instance), not to mention a general superb quality.

I guess the big question for someone is how is it regarding profile and geometry, the rest will be covered without question.

Oh and regarding the picture it's probably professionally shot in a studio, I don't believe he does his own photos.

I noticed that all the bowie knives were 01 & L6 and the chef was 02 & L6, I am very curious about that.

O-2 has less alloy than O-1 but has more manganese. It heat treats at a lower temperature than O-1. It was the material choice for Tim Zowada in his damascus for a long time until it became harder to get. O-2 etches darker than O-1 so it is a great choice for damascus. Tim and Kevin are buds so I think there is some connection.

Of course Kevin and Tim know their stuff. Great looking knife. The handle could be a little longer for me.

Hoss

it was funny when kevin brought up about tiring his hand at a kitchn knife and razor back at ashoken as he wanted to go full circle in the blade world. he had traveled Europe with access to swords that were not even on display so that he could get a micrometer and "map" the blades and handles filling countless binders with info. for him to take nearly a year to make this knife imm sure that he did his home work but i will try and PM/email him for more specs.

Back