Whats cookin for fathers day?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

Founding Member
Reaction score
I spent some quality time today with a case of spare ribs and a case of chicken legs. I have to travel Sunday so I plan on BBQ-ing them tomorrow or Saturday.

I de-boned the legs and have them brining now. Ribs will get rubbed when I start my fire.

It was nice first prep in my new BBQ kitchen.

New BBQ kitchen was there a problem with the old kitchen and why are there no pictures of this kitchen.:thebbq::bbq:

What does your new BBQ kitchen consist of?

New BBQ kitchen was there a problem with the old kitchen and why are there no pictures of this kitchen.:thebbq::bbq:

Fridge- sink- stove- prep table, radio, no wife.

5436784915_a13136ffe5_b.jpg

attachment.php

Looks too classy for you.

Nice space! Where do you keep your knives?

In a draw for now, I plan on a mag rack on the side of the cabinet over the sink, I have some scrap from the cabinet install.

I am neither a father nor had I thought about that, yet, but - lacking a bbq setup - maybe I should braise large quantities of meat and freeze leftovers. I just happened to look at that slow cooker that I bought over a year ago (it was on sale, what could I do?) and that sits unopened on top of my kitchen cabinet... I may have to see what Wholefoods has around on Sat morning.

Stefan

hmmm, seems I don't have permission to enlarge your photo Jim, sup wit dat?

BBQ kitchen...that' sweet. My BBQ kitchen consists of a grill on a deck. :D

For me, father's day will consist of a really nice, thick ribeye given to me to cook on said grill. Potato's on the grill and no veggie.

Going to the Izod 225 at the Milwaukee Mile. Comp buffet, so I guess I'll be eating brats. (That's bratwurst for you foriegners)

Unfortunately, I'm flying to my least favorite place in the world outside Ohio. India!!!

So Airline curry.

Nice Kitchen Jim. Where is it located if its not your main kitchen.

Nice Kitchen Jim. Where is it located if its not your main kitchen.

In the basement of my home, good luck in India, I have a friend who has to travel there- he tells me stories...

In the basement of my home, good luck in India, I have a friend who has to travel there- he tells me stories...

Remind me to get a basement when we get around to buying a house :)

Very nice Jim, like the table . ummm that mat is a safety hazard .:Ooooh:

working fine now Jim, thanks! One hell of a set up too! Thanks for your advice on the brisket, it turned out awesome! Knife not required!

I can't believe how great that kitchen turned out. I had the chance to see it in person, and let me tell you this-

Ever hear of a boat referred to as a "fishing machine"? Well, Jim's new kitchen/mancave is a "bbq-ing machine". :headbang:

Can't wait to see some pictures, Jim.

I have a few racks of baby backs with some super secret rub!

Preping for a fathers day visit-

Spicy beans-

displayimage.php

Some boneless yardbird legs-
displayimage.php

Ribs-
displayimage.php

Need just a taste-
displayimage.php

Preping for a fathers day visit-

Spicy beans-

displayimage.php

Some boneless yardbird legs-
displayimage.php

Ribs-
displayimage.php

Need just a taste-
displayimage.php

Good grief, Jim. This must torture feels like. Everything looks great!

See that new kitchen is working out for you .
Oh and nice looking RIBS:hungry::thumbsup2:

Jim, food looks delicious! :hungry:

Nice kitchen but lets see a picture of your outdoor bbq setup as well.

Back