Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping wine?

Quote Originally Posted by greasedbullet View Post
    By not telling them that it is wine. Put it in a Styrofoam container and then into another box for something else. Then put it in the packaging.

I have never personally done this so on promises. Also if planes are involved then I wouldn't advise it.

Of course never ever ever do this because it is illegal and against shipping companies policies.
    If you use a styro container, try wrapping the bottles with newspaper to reduce the tell-tale squeak that screams out: "Hey there is wine in this box." Double boxing is always a good idea too. If you need to list what is inside list things like olive oil, but I also just print the label online so I just drop it off. No questions asked when you do it that way. Also, don't insure it as you would never be able to make a claim on it anyhow.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    If you use a styro container, try wrapping the bottles with newspaper to reduce the tell-tale squeak that screams out: "Hey there is wine in this box." Double boxing is always a good idea too. If you need to list what is inside list things like olive oil, but I also just print the label online so I just drop it off. No questions asked when you do it that way. Also, don't insure it as you would never be able to make a claim on it anyhow.

k.
    Thanks guys, I'll hunt for boxes and pack something up. Karring, all I need now is your mailing address Can you send me a PM?

Stefan

Stefan - you can get styrofoam containers at lots of shipping places (not sure about in HI, but in general) . These are basically what I'd use: http://www.uline.com/BL_5450/Styrofoam-Wine-Shippers
    Shipping a bottle here and there as a gift (which of course, nobody should ever do ) these kinds of things do a good job at both helping protect the wine from the crazy temp variations on a plane...and breakage. To be extra careful, I'd also seal up the wine in a plastic bag before putting it into the styrofoam...just in case it breaks.