Thread: Favorite Specialty Food Items

Engorged Member
    French caramels rolled in sea salt.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    French caramels rolled in sea salt.
    So does this make you hungry then?

http://galipetteparis.com/flavors.html

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    That is good to know. With my meyer lemon tree I also bought a calamondin tree and it has a crazy amount of fruit growing on it right now (easily 100+). When they turn ripe, I might try to preserve some calamondins. And when the tree is in full-bloom, it smells amazing.

k.
    Good luck with the harvest...and look toward south east asian or Filipino recipes more specifically for inspiration....just remember they call it KALAMANSI when doing your research. I will see if I have anything interesting in my bag of tricks that I can forward you

Quote Originally Posted by Line cooked View Post
    Good luck with the harvest...and look toward south east asian or Filipino recipes more specifically for inspiration....just remember they call it KALAMANSI when doing your research. I will see if I have anything interesting in my bag of tricks that I can forward you
    Thanks a lot. I have no idea how long until the fruit ripens, but will send a reminder when it gets close.

Btw, my green peppercorn mustard came in yesterday. It is oh so good. The wife made me cook up some sausage just so she could eat more, and then we had some sauerkraut bread to go along with it.

pommery green peppercorn mustard

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

-Cotton Candy Berries
    -Snake fruit
    -Bluefin tuna
    -Meyer lemons
    -finger limes
    -Live scallops
    the list can go on and on, but these are the things I'm playing with right now. Guess I have too many favorites

Kumatos ---- Best. Sandwich tomato. Ever.
    What's Brewing? Organic Bleu De Brazil coffee (I fell in love with it before finding out it's locally roasted!)
    Beemster 18 month Gouda
    Marcona Almonds
    Wondra(not exactly gourmet but it is very different from regular flour)
    Amish Butter

So I've seen a couple mentions of sumac in this thread. I just realized that I have Staghorn Sumac growing all over the place around me. So far I've seen mention of making "Indian Lemonade" (sumac tea). I'm figuring it would be better used as a spice after being dried. Anybody want some?

-d