Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiromoto White Steel Redeux

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpigg View Post
    How long did this take you, and what is the style of sharpening you did here? I remember you discussing in the past this type of sharpening that creates "clouds", but I forgot what you called it, nor do I remember if there were any advantages to it besides aesthetics.

The very edge was the only part of the knife that was sharpened. The blackened parts show the exposed carbon core steel. The carbon steel turns black from etching in ferric chloride.

Very nice work indeed! What happened to the balance, after both thinning the blade and rounding handle and bolster?

Looks really cool, Dave! The look of the blade reminds me a bit of a Catcheside clad knife now.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
    What happened to the balance, after both thinning the blade and rounding handle and bolster?

To tell you the truth I didn't notice but my guess is that it remained blade heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Looks really cool, Dave! The look of the blade reminds me a bit of a Catcheside clad knife now.

Yeah except not as bad ass as Will's knives are.

I recieved the knife today, the transformation is awesome, the knife performs extremely well now, far far better then it did out of the box. The handle and bolster shaping has made a huge difference to comfort also. And the etching came out really nicely, nice clouding above the lamination line.

Thank you Dave! Once again another great experience
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    I recieved the knife today, the transformation is awesome, the knife performs extremely well now, far far better then it did out of the box. The handle and bolster shaping has made a huge difference to comfort also. And the etching came out really nicely, nice clouding above the lamination line.

Thank you Dave! Once again another great experience

This is great news, I'm glad that you like it. Thanks for the work Huw!