Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Hiromoto White Steel Redeux

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpigg View Post
    How long did this take you, and what is the style of sharpening you did here? I remember you discussing in the past this type of sharpening that creates "clouds", but I forgot what you called it, nor do I remember if there were any advantages to it besides aesthetics.

    The very edge was the only part of the knife that was sharpened. The blackened parts show the exposed carbon core steel. The carbon steel turns black from etching in ferric chloride.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Benuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Amstelveen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,294
    Very nice work indeed! What happened to the balance, after both thinning the blade and rounding handle and bolster?

  3. #13
    Canada's Sharpest Lefty Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,236
    Looks really cool, Dave! The look of the blade reminds me a bit of a Catcheside clad knife now.
    09/06

    Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

    Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
    What happened to the balance, after both thinning the blade and rounding handle and bolster?

    To tell you the truth I didn't notice but my guess is that it remained blade heavy.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Looks really cool, Dave! The look of the blade reminds me a bit of a Catcheside clad knife now.

    Yeah except not as bad ass as Will's knives are.

  6. #16
    I recieved the knife today, the transformation is awesome, the knife performs extremely well now, far far better then it did out of the box. The handle and bolster shaping has made a huge difference to comfort also. And the etching came out really nicely, nice clouding above the lamination line.

    Thank you Dave! Once again another great experience
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    I recieved the knife today, the transformation is awesome, the knife performs extremely well now, far far better then it did out of the box. The handle and bolster shaping has made a huge difference to comfort also. And the etching came out really nicely, nice clouding above the lamination line.

    Thank you Dave! Once again another great experience

    This is great news, I'm glad that you like it. Thanks for the work Huw!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •