Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Tale of Two Blades- Miyabi 7000D versus 7000MC

I took a look at my Tesla Motors stock this morning, looks like the shop in my town is going to sell a 7000MC today

I have Miyabi 7000MCD 200mm Gyuto and I like it a lot. Specially for the reasons described above, being (semi) stainless so you do not need to wipe it constantly.

But just recently I got Watanabe 240mm gyuto and all of a sudden Miyabi does not feel special any more! The cutting is way better with Watanabe!

Quote Originally Posted by krx927 View Post
    I have Miyabi 7000MCD 200mm Gyuto and I like it a lot. Specially for the reasons described above, being (semi) stainless so you do not need to wipe it constantly.

But just recently I got Watanabe 240mm gyuto and all of a sudden Miyabi does not feel special any more! The cutting is way better with Watanabe!

You know even though I do not have my Wantanabe anymore from memory I think I agree, sort of. I have my 7000D with a bit more aggressive edge than originally and it is pretty darn serious. Still as mentioned many times by others i can't get that atom cutting carbon edge as easily (or if) on these blades. The MC mosdef gets sharper, and is harder but it just feel different. If I have to resharpen its a job on each knife, where my Wantanabe was just a few light strokes on the stones. Even my 80 euros Yanagiba can achieve that.

They are great knifes but are a different feel. I sort of think its like vinyl versus CD, but I think that might not be the best analogy. Perhaps others with more experience will refute what I say

Not sure what my next blade will be though, but Wantanabe has been on my mind a lot lately again.

BTW I was checking out the Kramer Twins and I was pretty impressed by the fit and finish, but at 500 euros it should be. Not sure if that would be my profile.

I have the 240 as well and I really really love the blade, but the handle not so much - but then I dipped the handle plastidip and now it is one of my favorite knives