Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Masamoto KS Wa-Gyuto 240mm

Please email me....donald.a.moore@gmail.com

this knife is still available for sale

I'd pick this up in a heart beat if I had the funds. Maybe if it's still available on payday lol. Good luck!

Oh man. What will that mirror finish look like as it gains patina? Does it even form patina in the same way?
    "Suck less every day."

Quote Originally Posted by tbott View Post
    Oh man. What will that mirror finish look like as it gains patina? Does it even form patina in the same way?
    It would still patina, you could polish with Flitz if you wanted to remove it.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbott View Post
    It will still patina, but probably not as quickly. At least that's been my experience with the buffing wheel and CrO2.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

The patina would look awesome over a mirror finish too.
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

Does the mirror finish affect stiction?

Mirror finish do get patina but not as fast, just use a little flitz and little rub the patina is gone

for me the mirror finish doesn't affect stiction of food, what i notice is more of people cutting technique that affect stiction more than anything else.

Imho the mirror polish reduces reactivity bc polishing reduces surfave area. Less exposed, less oxidation. My experience atleast. Stiction varying upon finish is a whole nother story..