• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Masamoto KS Wa-Gyuto 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xueqi89

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Up for sale, is my Masamoto KS Wa-Gyuto. It's in excellent condition, i made it to mirror like finish when i got it. Just haven't got a really got chance to use knife, since i got other similar gyutos. It's super sharp, light, and easy to hold. It been sitting around, so i'm selling it. The saya don't perfectly fit but the knife will still perfectly store in it, it just because the real length of the gyuto is actually longer than 240mm. Real length is 250mm, height is 48mm at the heel, weight is 170g.

c5lMxeF.jpg

TykVCgi.jpg

23Tmqs2.jpg

R3eg0XT.jpg

tsVj2Q0.jpg

V6pxwJj.jpg

8w1PAg1.jpg

Tvkcazp.jpg

ka4XdWY.jpg

Includes saya and original box(the papers and all).

$285 included insured shipping to a CONUS address and PayPal fees.

Whoaa...I've never seen one with that good of a mirror finish. What did you use?

nice mirror finish and a good price - this is still one of my favorite gyutos (although I now am liking a larger blade). good luck with this one!

I'll buy this knife if still available. I'm afraid I don't know how to send a PM.

its still available you cant pm cause u dont hace enought post, u can leave ur email and i can email you

ok guys, price droped to 275. guess everyone forgot about this knife, it was so hot back then.

I'd pick this up in a heart beat if I had the funds. Maybe if it's still available on payday lol. Good luck!

Oh man. What will that mirror finish look like as it gains patina? Does it even form patina in the same way?

Oh man. What will that mirror finish look like as it gains patina? Does it even form patina in the same way?

It would still patina, you could polish with Flitz if you wanted to remove it.

It will still patina, but probably not as quickly. At least that's been my experience with the buffing wheel and CrO2.

Mirror finish do get patina but not as fast, just use a little flitz and little rub the patina is gone

for me the mirror finish doesn't affect stiction of food, what i notice is more of people cutting technique that affect stiction more than anything else.

Imho the mirror polish reduces reactivity bc polishing reduces surfave area. Less exposed, less oxidation. My experience atleast. Stiction varying upon finish is a whole nother story..

Back