Thermomix in USA?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitonboy

Reaction score
Any advice about buying a Thermomix in the US? Availability seems limited, possibly only via Canada?

Anybody have direct experience with it?

Any advice about buying a Thermomix in the US? Availability seems limited, possibly only via Canada?

Anybody have direct experience with it?

I am originally from Syracuse piton boy and have lived in Australia for 49 years. I have owned a Thermomix since 2009 and use it several times a day every day. For more info regarding buying a Thermomix for use in the US your first port of call should be superkitchenmachine.com. Send her an inquiry. Mention my name.

For lots of feedback on using the Thermomix go to forumthermomix.com.This is a world wide forum with over 10,000 members, a lot of them Aussies but some from the US where there are a few savvy owners.

Gertbysea

For what its worth they are excellent machines. that being said I also think if you use them to do everything then they take a lot of the fun out of cooking. Just my opinion but I like to get my hands dirty.

P.S i'm slightly one eyed on them because my fiancee sells then here in Aus. But they are great

couldn't seem to find the cost on these while looking at their site, guess I need to call/email them or find a distributor here in canada

Don't know about the rest of the world but over here they are sold through parties like Tupperware. So I don't know if you will find a price online. But here they go for just under 2k aud.

all of my friends that have them, bought them from canada, or from europe with adapters... i would kill for one. When i worked in italy, we had quite a few of them in our kitchen... the put a vitamix to shame on so many levels

I realize this is a really old thread. I'm in the Bay Area, CA and there is a local "dealer" (not sure what to call her--kinda like MLM, but not as I understand it, just pay commissions to people who enjoy giving demonstrations) that is a software engineer for her day job. She gave a Thermomix demonstration last night at friends. Our first exposure to the Thermomix was on a catamaran cruise in May where the chef raved about her "sous chef". Fast forward to a few weeks ago and talking to neighbors who bought one in the early months of COVID and love it--mostly for soups. The demo was quite impressive. I'm still on the fence on whether I'd use it enough to justify the price ($1500). I REALLY like the built in scale and menu-driven recipes. I think I could get rid of my Vitamix and Cuisinart, along with my rice cooker and maybe Anova sous vide, which is pretty attractive to make space in the cabinets.
IMG_1704 (Large).JPG

Anyway, they do seem to be making headway in establishing sales channels in the US.

We use ours a lot. Every day. When we have time to cook at our pace we only use it as a blender/food processor etc. But when we're busy and need to just get healthy but low effort food on the plate for the kids it's great. It is a replacement for a lot of other things, I'll steam chicken in it, we make smoothies with it, make rice. Also things like making almond butter from raw almonds.

We use ours a lot. Every day. When we have time to cook at our pace we only use it as a blender/food processor etc. But when we're busy and need to just get healthy but low effort food on the plate for the kids it's great. It is a replacement for a lot of other things, I'll steam chicken in it, we make smoothies with it, make rice. Also things like making almond butter from raw almonds.
@JB1 thanks. I’ve decided to get one as a gift for my wife (she was quite smitten with its capabilities), but I’m waiting for a package to include an extra bowl and food processor cutter. I’m still a bit skeptical, not because I don’t think it works, but because I don’t know if I’ll adapt our lifestyle to fully utilize its capabilities.

It took a little bit of conscious effort to adapt our lifestyle. I think of it like a barbell. 'what stuff do I buy that if I had extra time might be cool to make from scratch' like almond butter or even grain flours, yogurt (one pot trivial cleanup is nice). Reach for the thermomix. Also 'I'm in a rush and would like to do these things more efficient with less washing up' - Google how to do in thermomix.

Concrete examples of the second - steam chicken and broccoli for a simple lunch (or even then shred the chicken as well for a salad). Whip up a pumpkin soup while doing other household tasks.

It took a little bit of conscious effort to adapt our lifestyle. I think of it like a barbell. 'what stuff do I buy that if I had extra time might be cool to make from scratch' like almond butter or even grain flours, yogurt (one pot trivial cleanup is nice). Reach for the thermomix. Also 'I'm in a rush and would like to do these things more efficient with less washing up' - Google how to do in thermomix.

Concrete examples of the second - steam chicken and broccoli for a simple lunch (or even then shred the chicken as well for a salad). Whip up a pumpkin soup while doing other household tasks.
Great tips. Thanks.

Back