Quantcast
Richmond Reviews
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Richmond Reviews

Richmond Reviews

Don't forget to read the comments.

He said he was sharpening to 10 degrees inclusive! Correct me if I'm wrong but that's 5 degrees per side?....Even a DT AEB-L would would be weak at those angles, please.
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

Ummm, that is one long and boring rant.

I never cared to learn about angles to be honest, so I am not sure what 5, 10, 30 degrees are. Instead, I learned to establish an angle by different reference points, but I will tell you that DT AEB-L can be sharpened to a very acute angle and still have enough edge stability to perform well Weak edge is a relative thing, if you don't cut through chicken bones,a knife ground almost to zero edge will perform excellently on just about anything. Weak in my book is when the edge is rolling or chipping. Devin's AEB-L won't do either.

AEB-L is a great steel, it's all about the heat treatment.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

At least the weird yelp reviews I've gotten were short.

His second review can be summed as, "The Richmond knife is not performing to my expectations as it does not retain an edge very well, and I would not recommend it."

This guy is clearly a bit unusual (LOL) in his ideas and methods (especially in sharpening at 10 deg inclusive - 5 deg per side) but regardless any knife should be able to cut through saran wrap without deforming at the edge. Do I believe him about this? I'm not sure regarding the details. I do believe that there's some truth in the overall message though.

Two things I loved and maybe it's just The accent?? But when he said " this is a crap knife" I LMAO. That and when he called it a shill forum. I think it would be just about the coolest thing if one of those guys that remix YouTube videos (like the gingers have no soul video) did a spoof on this one.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Okay, so I definitely can't watch all the way through either one of these. This guy has been hanging out with Cliff Stamp way too much. Is this his brother? Cousin? Son? Soulmate?
    I would never buy (another) Richmond anything, but could you imagine having to deal with a customer like this?
    It almost makes me feel bad for Mark.
    10 degrees inclusive?
    Weirdo.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Sorry, don't hitch your wagon to this BS ......I don't know what to call this ...........?

+ Reply to Thread