Quantcast
Richmond Reviews - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Richmond Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    his exchange with marks dawgs is still there. mark had to close the thread
    He's been called everything from a joke to a moron over here, you expect different over there.
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

Quote Originally Posted by bahamaroot View Post
    He's been called everything from a joke to a moron over here, you expect different over there.
    not really.

I wonder if he performed all of his tests on a wire edge

AEB-L is an excellent stainless steel. Sandvik calls it 13C26 and it was designed for making razor blades. I don't even like stainless, but this is one that I would consider, if in the market for stainless. However, if Richmond blew the heat treat on this knife, it could be crap. The heat treatment is the sould of the knife. You can't see it, unless you use it or have a way to check the Rockwell C on it. Cheap files are available to test the RC, but I don't think any of this would satisfy this customer. I can't imagine trying to have a 10 degree inclusive blade edge that woiuld hold up very long, but saran wrap????

My problem with many of the reviews done on video at CKTG are that they are always positive about virtually everything. So, it's nice to have sites like this one to see what other's think of a certain knife before you order it.

"if Richmond blew the heat treat on this knife"

Mark doesn't do the heat treat, Lamson and Goodnow, who actually make the knife, has it done. If the heat treat is bad it's not Mark's fault it's whoever Lamson and Goodnow use.

"I can't imagine trying to have a 10 degree inclusive blade edge that woiuld hold up very long, but saran wrap????"

It wasn't "saran wrap" it was that plastic that processed meats are vacuum sealed in.
    Mark's specs on the grind are the worst part of the knife. It's a food hatchet OOTB but once it's drastically thinned it's a good cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    i know alot of people here are knife geeks but this guy is truly one of a kind. lets not take this too seriously, and instead enjoy it for what it is, wonderful entertainment.
    I agree with this, and yes, Dave, why do you start this stuff. There are so many other things to laugh at…

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I don't know how anyone can take that dork seriously, his voice makes me want to vomit.

oh dear.
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

What a disgusting mess.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I agree with this, and yes, Dave, why do you start this stuff. There are so many other things to laugh at…

k.
    'House of 1000 Corpses' was embarrassing, 'Devil's Rejects' was crap but kinda fun, the 'Halloween' remake was terrible, but I find this to be Rob Zombie's most chilling work thus far...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky